Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

please, someone talk to me. take my mind off the pain.

Notices

please, someone talk to me. take my mind off the pain.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I once was told that GOD could apply to Good Orderly Direction
Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by FredG View Post
I once was told that GOD could apply to Good Orderly Direction
or Group of Drunks
Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey man, I too am just wondering how you are feeling today. Been thinking of you lots. Hope today is better. Sending you huge hugs.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your messages and words of comfort and advice. Just to let everyone know that I'm feeling a bit better today. I went to a meeting as well and I think that helped me gain a little bit more peace...I'll be going tomorrow and the day after that as well, so I don't slip.

Responding individually to your comments...

Sugarbear1: I've got a few numbers which I tried and weren't available immediately, but eventually came through. I also acquired a few new ones today and will be attending NA meetings as well; hoping to diversify my avenues of support. I'll look into that cream, it may very well help...I sure hope it does. Thank you.

Orbea: I'm exploring all methods at the moment, I'm not positive it is psoriasis, since it doesn't itch or hurt most of the time, but my dad has it on his leg and I've been researching the Koebner phenomenon, I used to bite and suck my lip a lot and this never-ending cycle may be representative of the condition...I'll certainly explore UV light therapy if it is psoriasis.

Bob R: That's a really interesting experience, I'm hoping AA will be able to heal me mentally (and it's working so far). I'm very interested in working the steps and being able to remove my emotional hang-ups...any more advice you can offer me in that area would always be gratefully received.

Babycat: Yeahh, I've come clean with my parents about the majority of my problems. I haven't been able to bring myself to discuss my drug addictions with them, as I feel that's still too raw a step...but in time, I may come clean about that as well. At the moment, I'm focusing on my recovery from alcohol and stabilizing my emotions. Thank you for your thoughts and concern, they really do mean the world to me.

WhiteKnuckles: That's real good advice...I should be thankful to be alive, because God knows I nearly lost my life too many times during my drinking career. I hope you feel better soon as well, keep on truckin'!

Samantha: Hugs to you too, thank you for your love and support, I'm feeling a bit better today...just trying to live in the moment and take it one day at a time!

Fred G: That's a neat acronym and a philosophy I should adopt...my personal daily life has always been a melting pot of chaos and bad decisions. Forging a stable life is a dream of mine which I hope to achieve through the medium of AA (and LOL to FlyerFan! )

Thank you, each and every one of you, for your help and advice...this place truly is a sanctuary and a lifesaver for me...I'm definitely going to stick with sobriety for as long as I possibly can...which I hope is forever.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlyerFan View Post
or Group of Drunks
Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
Nostalgic I'm here for you.
I have read all you have written.

The first thing that jumped out at me is that you cab grow as an individual whenever you want. You don't have to be at college to do that or at a certain point in your life.

You can also go back to college whenever you want.
You have been under an immense amount of pressure and are now.
You need time to replenish yourself, get well, both body and mind.
Can you talk to your course tutors at all? There maybe ways of delaying things, going back after a year or being rewarded for the work you have already done.

YOU CAN STILL GET THAT FIRST FROM OXFORD!

Second - have you tried to ring a HIV help line?
The Terrence Higgins Trust?
A university listening service?
Gone to a sexual health clinic to talk about your results?
HIV is not the life sentence it was anymore.
They have clever, clever drugs that can prolong life.

Your life is not over because of this.

Thirdly - your lip condition. It might not be able to be cured but can it be MANAGED so it is less painful and less visable? Would that help you? Is there anything that can be prescribed by a doctor, or a dermatologist that could ease the symptoms? Have you asked them?
Have you looked for a support group in the UK where others might fully understand or even be able to recommend a product?

I also think that this flare up maybe due to so much stress and ill health in general - being run down?
Often people can suffer from cuts around their mouths that come from being deficient in vitamins.
Can you stock up on fresh fruit juice, fresh vegetables and fruit and maybe a vitamin supplement?
Drink plenty of water too, that will help your health.

Please keep coming back here and talking to us.
Don't be alone

XX

Sorry Sasha, I missed this comment in my reply...so many kind people, it's hard to keep track, haha.

It's true, I guess, you can grow as an individual whenever. I'm hoping I can get back on track and start getting back into the things that I've always loved growing up, literature, music, art, science, history, and investigate new things that have always piqued my interest, but never got round to.

I'm going to see if I can repeat third year, having talked to a friend who is going to do the same thing (I didn't know it was possible to redo final year). It might be difficult, but I hope they'll be understanding.

I've talked to the Samaritans, another organization which is similar and been given the number for the Terrence Higgins Trust. They've been really helpful and the more I read about HIV, the less afraid I feel. I'm scared and yet not scared about the diagnosis, I'm just finding it hard to integrate into my conception of myself and wondering how things could have gone so wrong. We all make mistakes, obviously, and this is one of them...I just wish that someone like me, who knew the dangers, could have slipped past this one.

As for my lips, that's probably what's bothering me the most cause it's really visible, the cause unknown and the possibility of fixing it obscure. I've not really found any support groups, aside from one online which is beset by miserable people and makes me more downbeat about the whole thing. If it's not possible to fix, I'd like to find a way to minimize it, but once again, it's a mistake I've made which really bugs me...it's silly to beat ourselves up about these things though. I'm not sure if it's the result of a vitamin deficiency, but I'll be stocking up on healthy food, drink and supplements to try and speed the healing process.

Thank you ever so much for your post, it meant the world to me. xx

Live2Run, Pock and Jitterbug: thanks for your posts and thoughts! Love all you guys. :ghug3
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Great, Nostalgic! I love to see all the "action" items in your last post. Things you can and will do!