Notices

Honesty

Old 04-04-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Honesty

I am 23 years old, and I can honestly say now that I am an alcoholic. I haven't been honest about lots of things for such a long time- lies fabricated the alcoholic daze of a world I lived in. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a daily drinker- but you don't have to pour vodka on your cornflakes to be an alcoholic. I would never have considered myself deceitful, nor a liar- but I was. But today, at least for this moment, if nothing else, I can be honest about my alcoholism, and try and work towards serenity.

I just wanted to post that!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hooray! Well done and now what is your plan for moving forward to health and sanity? Wishing you the best.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am in AA, and working with my sponsor. We're tackling Step 2 at the moment, which is hard work, but she is amazing and so supportive. I have started to take up exercise and meditation, and reduce (temporarily) some of the stresses in my life, such as negotiating a reduction of duties at work. I am also working with my doctor and the Community Alcohol Team where I live on getting some therapy. I am writing in my journal every day too, and just trying to eat nice good, and sleep. It all sounds simple, but I have abused my body, mind and soul for such a long time, I needed to start right back at basics.