Notices

I'm A Alcoholic & I Deserve A Drink....

Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I'm A Alcoholic & I Deserve A Drink....

Well folks I think I'm going to drink. I recently bought a used car because I got a permit license. I had to have a car with the title in my name so I could install the alcohol machine (of course I could still use drugs & drive). I've had the car since Dec. and hardly drove it. Well, it wouldn't start, got it towed and found out the head gasket is blown. My options are either to fix the head gasket which is a bit cheaper or install a whole new engine. I've had it. I have no coping skills & have no idea how normal people cope with life without alcohol. I'm going to call a few people but probably will still end up buying a good bottle of Vodka. My plan will be to get very drunk at my house and the next day return to recovery.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OK justfor1...Do me one favor first....Go out your front door right now...Take a walk around the block...Come back to your chair...Read how stupid this sh!t sounds..And get yourself drunk...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Alcohol does not help you cope with life. That's your addiction talking, straight up. Biggest lie ever. Don't fall for it. You're smarter than that.

Originally Posted by Justfor1
My plan will be to get very drunk at my house and the next day return to recovery.
Well, since you asked, I think it's a sh!tty plan. Having to have a breathylzer installed in your car is a direct result of a similar "plan". Make a different plan, one that does not involve alcohol or drugs.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Justfor1 - I hope you've changed your mind. The problems will still be there after you drink - nothing will be resolved - and you'll be hungover and furious with yourself for caving. It's not worth it!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

soberl, now I don't have a car so I don't have to worry about blowing numbers into the device. If I relapse, I blame it on the used car dealership that sold me a "lemon" of a car and the SecretaryOf State for requiring me to own a car in order to drive. The breathaylzer machine is not even effective because if I wanted I could smoke cocaine and pop pills yet still be able to drive. I could also lie about my one day relapse to my AA friends & the AA clubhouse I go to. They would never know.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All those ideas sound like a bunch of sh!t to me Justfor1...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
could also lie about my one day relapse to my AA friends & the AA clubhouse I go to. They would never know.
Since honesty is not such a big part of AA and your recovery, this shouldn't matter at all.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

soberl, now I don't have a car so I don't have to worry about blowing numbers into the device. If I relapse, I blame it on the used car dealership that sold me a "lemon" of a car and the SecretaryOf State for requiring me to own a car in order to drive. The breathaylzer machine is not even effective because if I wanted I could smoke cocaine and pop pills yet still be able to drive. I could also lie about my one day relapse to my AA friends & the AA clubhouse I go to. They would never know.
If you relapse, you have no one, absolutely NO ONE to blame but yourself. That is such a cop out. Seriously, you are sounding ridiculous right now.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I could also lie about my one day relapse to my AA friends & the AA clubhouse I go to. They would never know.

One day relapse? Is there such a thing, what's to stop it from turning into an extended bender that lands you in the hospital? I'd never light the fuse, do you really want to go through all of that detox torture again?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no coping skills & have no idea how normal people cope with life without alcohol.
and you never will, if you turn and run every time life gets hard.

Thats the bottom line.

You've been doing this for so long J41...maybe it's time to try and get through stuff sober?

You must have meetings to go to, people to call, sponsor...?
Any one of those options is better than drinking.

I understand it's disappointing - I understand it will make things harder and I understand it will be a lot of money...but it's not a death in the family, it's not an incurable disease - it's a car.

You've survived without cars before.

Don;t talk yourself into this.

You have no idea of knowing whether it will be one night, a week, a year...heck, you may never get through this drink.

It's time to try another way J41...what you deserve is to learn a different way of handling upset and stress.

D
Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Seriously man, don't do it. Just don't.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
soberl, now I don't have a car so I don't have to worry about blowing numbers into the device.
yeah, I get it, dude.

If I relapse, I blame it on the used car dealership that sold me a "lemon" of a car and the SecretaryOf State for requiring me to own a car in order to drive.
Another good plan.

The breathaylzer machine is not even effective because if I wanted I could smoke cocaine and pop pills yet still be able to drive.
and this relate to your plan of getting drunk tonight to cope with life...how?

I could also lie about my one day relapse to my AA friends & the AA clubhouse I go to.
Of course you could.

They would never know.
Nope, you're right...they would not, and you would be so clever being able to conceal it.

I'm not trying to bust on you here. But I still think it's a sh!tty plan. All this talk about plans and cover-ups...it's clear you're not the one in charge right now. Your addiction is knocking...don't answer it.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks dee. I have been using alcohol as a coping mechanism since I was a teen. I am in my 30's and feel as if I'm 17yr. I have no idea to live a "normal life". I called a sober friend just now and planning on having coffee with him tomorrow. Thats how my relapse mind works, "just a pint of vodka one night" and thats it.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Please don't drink Just! You are doing so well!

A crapped out car is no reason to drink. Getting drunk is not going to solve anything.

I know you are proud of your sobriety. You are not going to be able to lie to anyone, including yourself about it. It will eat you up.

It is just SO not worth it.

DON'T DO IT
Old 03-02-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Don't you have a meeting you can go to tonight?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

An AA meeting starts in less than 20 minutes on intherooms.com

I will meet you there if you want.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks dee. I have been using alcohol as a coping mechanism since I was a teen. I am in my 30's and feel as if I'm 17yr. I have no idea to live a "normal life". I called a sober friend just now and planning on having coffee with him tomorrow. Thats how my relapse mind works, "just a pint of vodka one night" and thats it.
it was REALLY tough for me too - I'd never been sober as an adult - but the more things I handled sober, the better I got with dealing with stuff...

coffee and a sober friend to talk to sounds a helluva lot better than vodka, J41

D
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So you blame your alcoholism on a car dealer? You can lie and no one would know the difference? The device on your car cannot detect crack if you smoke it, so what's the use? Next you'll say that the state government made you relapse because they put a machine on your vehicle?

And this makes you feel what? Who are you trying to recover for? Your AA buddies? The car dealer? Anyone but you?

Do you really think anyone but you cares if you are sober or not?

When will you grow up and become the adult you are?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thank you everyone. I feel better now that I got it out. I won't be drinking tonight. I've been sober since around Oct. of last year. I was sober 90% of 2011. Of course, the other 10% was horrible binge type drinking, waking up in the hospital numerous times. I had to take one of my emergency meds that my dr. prescribes because my mind would not stop racing. She gives me a very limited supply and I don't like using them but am feeling a bit calmer now.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

That's what we are here for. Get it out. I can't remember if you are a man or a woman? Either way, PM people for more help!