Notices

I'm A Alcoholic & I Deserve A Drink....

Old 03-03-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

What makes you think your get back ? ....in my experience drinking alcoholics are here one minute and gone the next .
Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks everyone. Paperdolls, that's what usually happens to me when I plan on a 1 day drunk. I end up turning to drugs and stay up drinking for a 2-3 day bender type thing. The scary part is that I will get severe withdrawals after only a couple of days of drinking. Then I have to go to the ER where I am quite well known & given vitamins, and a heart medicine/benzo script. I am no longer admitted in patient to detox because I have done that so many times. I once heard them call me a "frequent flyer" type patient. O well, at least I don't have to do the usual routine.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I just read through this thread - great job Jfor1. That's how we do it!!!! IMO, you do have coping skills - you just coped your way through that obstacle, and you could have used it as an excuse instead. Big hugs & high five
Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
High on Life

Planning to drink just "one" day, means somewhere deep inside you feel you have control over the situation, which doesn't exist if you're an alcoholic. Just because you came back in the past, doesn't mean you are always guaranteed to make it back. I'm glad you didn't drink this time, but the thoughts behind your motives for drinking, lead me to believe you are just waiting for an excuse to relapse.

You're AA buddies may not know you relapsed, but if you're getting sober for yourself, then you have truly let down the most important person there is in this journey of sobriety which is yourself.