Notices

Counting days...messes with my head.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wheresthefun View Post
Seriously, are you being serious????
lol. Well some people's cravings disappear pretty fast. Depends on how long you've depended on alcohol/drugs. I've drank for 7 years and yet my cravings pretty much left within a week or 2 as well. Possible as long you set your mind on your goals of today. I've been 6 months sober. Never had any what so ever. Had a real test too. Brother took me to a movie and lunch to Boston Pizza (my old drinking hole) Took me into the bar so we could get our orders faster and boy did they sure show fast in there lol. People were boozing and the bar was 2 seats over from my booth. Didn't bug me none. Didn't even think of it at all just wanted to have fun.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Boleo
If you manage your alcohol-ISSUES simply by abstaining one-day-at-a-time, good for you.
I don't have alcohol-ISSUES. I don't drink alcohol, haven't for years. It is, as you said, moot. I do have problems and things that come up in my life related to the human condition, and I deal with them in a variety of ways. Some effective, some less effective, some downright ineffective, so I continue to strive on with diligence.

Thank you for sharing your inexperience with us. Not-drinking is not the same as experience.
You're welcome...and thank you as well. Exchanges with fellow travelers are extremely important to me. I'm glad you chose to respond even though it appears we share different opinions on the topic. I have had extremely powerful awakenings in my life, though not of a spiritual nature by your definition. So powerful it is hard for me to write about them, as the words never do them justice. In any event, I like hearing from you. The yin and the yang, no?

the obsession left from me hook, line and sinker. The need to even think about not-drinking became a moot issue.
Me too.

Some days I choose to nurture a resentment and deliberately let myself get adjetated just for a little drama and chaos (like today).
Me too, but not today.

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique
I don't think soberlicious does the ODAAT thing.
You are an astute observer
Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Discussion is great - sniping and derision for other experiences or POVs is not.
Let's all take a chill pill

D
Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Self Recovered with AVRT

Dee,

You are such a beautifully balanced administrator, and a profound teacher. You really help us all so much.

Thank you
Old 02-27-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by hereigo View Post
You are such a beautifully balanced administrator, and a profound teacher.
Sometimes I think he must have been a kindergarten teacher in a former life to put up with some of the antics. I mean, can you imagine me as a moderator? LOL
Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Self Recovered with AVRT

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
When I quit smoking, I simply abstained until the cravings went away. Yeh it was real tough for a few weeks. But there came a day when the cravings were manageble with just will power alone. I tried using the same tricks & tips with alcohol. However the obsession never left me or got any weaker with calendar days of "not-drinking".

When I treated my alcoholism with spiritual principles, something quite unexpected happened, the obsession left from me hook, line and sinker. The need to even think about not-drinking became a moot issue. The tenth step promises became a first-hand experience for me.

If you manage your alcohol-ISSUES simply by abstaining one-day-at-a-time, good for you. Thank you for sharing your inexperience with us. Not-drinking is not the same as experience.
Boleo,

Somewhat complex, but I will give serious thought to your ideas. Thank you for sharing It means a lot, and I truly appreciate your input.

I do not manage my issue with substance abuse by "not-using" with a daily inventory (i.e. one -day-at-a-time). I just simply decided to quit. I do not know what day it is...well, it is Monday. Thanks again, my friend.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys - it is much appreciated

Probably best to get back on topic tho - I have enough trouble shopping for hats already lol

D
Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

oops
Old 02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks guys - it is much appreciated

Probably best to get back on topic tho - I have enough trouble shopping for hats already lol

D
I've been having so much fun with this thread I literally forgot what the original topic was.