Notices

Anxiety About AA

Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

FWIW Pigtails, most morning meetings bore me to tears. Maybe this is unique to my area but what I get when I hit AM meetings (on Mon - Fri) are a lot of retirees who may or may not be alcoholics who show up at meetings and treat them mostly as social affairs......opportunities to socialize and hang with some friends.......and as "group discussion meetings" where they share their life's problems, complain about this or that and call it a day.

It'll probably be for you like it was for most of us......you're going to have to make recovery a big-time commitment and do a lot of searching for the handful of "good" meetings in your area. They're out there.....they're usually not at convenient times.....and they're not usually on the way home, close to work or anything like that. Nope, they tend to be out of the way and usually a pain to get to......lol. The kicker is though......they'll help save your life.

Do some seeking........it always pays off.

**you'll probably get more solid advice from folks who are successfully working the AA program in the "12 step" section of the forum.