Notices

difficult breakup, cat death, the L in HALT

Old 11-08-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey OceanSize, glad to hear you kitty is on the mend! Have two pets myself and they are a handful, one is a pedigree dog who collects ailments like they were badges of honour..

I had a painful breakup during sobriety which was amplified by the fact that I had heavily invested in being sober for my partner at the time, but it wasn't so much the break up that bothered me as much as the ice-cold manner she went about it. A lot of your thoughts and feelings you posted were similar to mine and I was very depressed for quite a long time, I did feel like giving up and everyone spun the same old sayings at me "There's plenty more fish in the sea" etc. I didn't want to hear that at the time and it felt like nobody understood how I felt, but my sobriety did keep me going and I didn't want it to be something my ex "broke".

And well I did keep going, and I found someone else! My point is that you should keep your chin up, you never know what random chance life will throw at you and who you could meet that you really share a lot in common with. Best of luck with your kitty and your sobriety OceanSize
Old 11-08-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Enjoying column 1?
Old 11-08-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

re: column 1 - i just keep staring at it and getting bitchier and bitchier. It's time to just....write.

re: finding someone i have stuff in common with. that's the prob. he and i have so much in common, we were a good match but only one of us wanted it to work (me) so in that respect we were not a good match. I can't compete with his disease, and he has no intent of helping himself. I am still upset, can you tell? haha....