Notices

Day one again

Old 10-27-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

AoS,
I am an AA-ophile but when you're trying to put some time together, even if it doesn't appeal to you in total, it is a place to be especially during the drinking hours. I had to do things to get space between me and drinking and the more of them I did/do, the easier it was/ is to stay away from sauce. Jmho.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Argent,
Your story is similar to mine. We are around the same age, same drinking tendencies, etc. I will start day 4 tomorrow and so far every day has been better than the one before. I too am experiencing the insomnia, mood swings, night sweats so know you are not alone.
Thank you for sharing your story.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for the posts Kitty, Jallen I appreciate the support,

I totally agree kitty reaching out to someone in 'drinking times' is definitely a huge help, for now you good folks of SR are working for me, the virtual aspect keeps me from freaking out I have spent quite a lot of time here over the last few days.

Day 4 down, I'm going to go try sleep

AoS
Old 10-27-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

AoS
Good for you in getting through today. I hope you get some good rest tonight. It will come. I am happy SR is working so well on its own for you. Must say, I am a bit of an analog generation gal so I tend to come from that point of view and realise it is a short suit!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SR Fan

You're doing great, Argent......

Staying close to SR was my saving grace in the early days, too (still is!). At first, I freaked out a little bit when I had a really "off" day, but the longer I stayed sober, the easier it was to take it in stride.

One day at a time......... you'll see improvements for days/weeks/months to come. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thanks

----

So, I think I jinxed myself, it was only yesterday in the chat room that I said "I am lucky enough not to have experienced that". Well last night I dreamt about drinking...

In the dream I found my self unconsciously drinking a can of larger, upon realising I had started that first drink, I rushed to the kitchen to pour it down the sink, when i had the drink it was a sip, but when i went to pour it out there was hardly anything left in the can. I then vomited a thick green (mushy pea like) substance!

Luckily the dream ended there as i woke with the sweats, it really was quite disconcerting.

--

Despite the dream, yesterday was a pretty awesome day! very little cravings at all. I spent a most of the afternoon here at SR in the chat rooms, just to pass the time, as i'm still having trouble actually getting going in terms of work.

Then at 6 my brother and his girlfriend came around to see us, we ended up playing a couple of games of rockband and then a long game of Scrabble (we won, we usually do :P), they left at just after 9 by which time I was feeling happy and content, so I didn't need a drink.

A funny thing, I was in the kitchen making cups of tea and pouring myself a glass of soda, when I came back in my brother asked "why haven't you got a drink in your hand"
They come down once a month and I dont think i've ever not had a couple by the time they arrive. I simply told him i was cutting back a bit.

Didn't sleep so great, it was 3am when i last checked the clock so it was after that that I slept. I feel great again this morning though, tired of course but great. I look better too imo, looking in the mirror I feel I look healthier.

S'all good here

Cheers all

AoS