Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I Need Support (Still Trying and Failing to Quit)

Notices

I Need Support (Still Trying and Failing to Quit)

Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I certainly wish you the best as you try whatever plans you intend to do for a sober future..
Old 06-25-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am in your boat, Undead, and much older than you so I should have figured all this out by now, but I havn't yet.

I have made rules with myself for when I drink - no going anywhere, no phone calls and no computer. I totally know where you are coming from when you say those things. My sister thinks it funny when I told her these unwritten rules of mine. I think them as lifesaving.

Support is all we can offer eachother. Not feeling alone is what keeps us sane. God put us all together in this forum for a reason, I think. He knows we all need eachother to figure this thing out.

Keep posting - need to hear how you are doing. . .

Fakesmiles
Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fakesmiles View Post
I am in your boat, Undead, and much older than you so I should have figured all this out by now, but I havn't yet.

I have made rules with myself for when I drink - no going anywhere, no phone calls and no computer. I totally know where you are coming from when you say those things. My sister thinks it funny when I told her these unwritten rules of mine. I think them as lifesaving.

Support is all we can offer eachother. Not feeling alone is what keeps us sane. God put us all together in this forum for a reason, I think. He knows we all need eachother to figure this thing out.

Keep posting - need to hear how you are doing. . .

Fakesmiles
My girlfriend found it hilarious. She told me I worry too much, but I kept telling her of things that I would do. I told her stories of embarrassing drunk dials and drunk texts. I would tell her how I would send messages on facebook drunk and have no recollection of the messages I had sent in the morning. I just woke up and realized that I've had enough, which is why I'm here.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Question RE:I Need Support (Still Trying and Failing to Quit)

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Undead
You're among friends here

D
Amen...Welcome to "SR". We will be here to support you every step of the way.