Notices

Dreams

Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams

I've been noticing that the past few nights have held some rather vivid dreams for me. For about three nights straight I have had dreams about beer. It's always someone passing me a beer or trying to give me one. Tuesday night it wasn't even beer, it was brandy. Yuck, I wasn't even a fan of brandy whenever I was drinking so heavily.
This is what I found on dreamdictionary.com
"To see or drink beer in your dream, represents happiness, fogginess, or inspiration. It also indicates that you have quite a social life."

I believe that it may actually be because I'm only on my fifth day of complete sobriety from alcohol and I may just be getting tested by somethin'
Old 03-10-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ightmares.html

We had a great thread about this a couple of days ago. I would stay away from the stupid site you mention - maybe beer dreams are "happy and healthy" dreams for non-alcoholics - they sure aren't for us!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linz View Post
I've been noticing that the past few nights have held some rather vivid dreams for me. For about three nights straight I have had dreams about beer. It's always someone passing me a beer or trying to give me one. Tuesday night it wasn't even beer, it was brandy. Yuck, I wasn't even a fan of brandy whenever I was drinking so heavily.
"To see or drink beer in your dream, represents happiness, fogginess, or inspiration. It also indicates that you have quite a social life."

I believe that it may actually be because I'm only on my fifth day of complete sobriety from alcohol and I may just be getting tested by somethin'
for "normal" people it might mean :"To see or drink beer in your dream, represents happiness, fogginess, or inspiration. It also indicates that you have quite a social life."

for us, usually it's just that our subconscious is trying to sort out an aspect of it. a loss, or a want to have it or a fear of it may take over our life again.

i have almost 16 months sober and i still get alcoholic dreams...usually it's of me relapsing in front of my family, guzzling gallons of booze in front of them and ignoring their screams of horror.

they'll get less and less frequent. for me i've had one the last 3 nights...before that it was probably 6 months or so ago.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Totobidule, I just read that thread. Very helpful!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linz View Post

That's probably true for "normal" people.
I'm an alcoholic.
To me, a dream about drinking is a wake up call that I better step up my program.