Notices

Trying to quit!

Old 02-17-2011, 11:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your support but sadly i am still about 8+ beers each night, i am considering taking my ativan its o.5mg one of these nights instead of drinking, all it does is makes me go to sleep but hey at least im sleeping instead of drinking! thats good right? im very confused and upset that i need this horrible stuff should i take one or two of my ativans this weekend instead of drinking? i would like opinions (not medical advice help just asking )

thank you all you've all helped very much so has all this forum

btw ive only been drinking heavily for 6 months and ive sobered up before so i can handle it physically i have no risk of siezures or something like that
Old 02-18-2011, 12:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please read the documentation that came with the Ativan Maureen.
It's not a great idea to mix any med with alcohol but especially not meds like Ativan.

D
Old 02-18-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Maureen, Stop buying beer!

Stay out of the stores. Have someone else do the shopping for while.

As long as you keep buying beer...as long as I kept buying beer...I drank the beer.

Stop!

How do we stop? We stop.

Is it easy? No! Do you know how many times, I promised myself I wouldn't go to the store, but went anyway and bought something to drink? Many times. But at some point...I had to want to be sober more than I wanted how my life was. At some point I had to make a decision, reach out, ask for help, and take some direction from sober people.

They told me, go to a meeting, don't drink, don't go to the store, call someone, pray, read your Big Book.

I can remember many, many day ones followed by giving in to the desire again...the mental obsession I have for destructive drinking.

It's almost like I have to lock myself up in my home, and tough it out the first few days, but I did. I stop drinking, I eat well, I rest, I reach out and talk to sober people, I come here to SR, and a few days pass, and I begin to enter into recovery.

Each recovery starts with one day and as long as we keep buying that drink, we never get into recovery. Like a yo-yo I was.

How do we stay stopped? We don't go back to the store and buy more.

We make a decision to stop, and we do.

It's hard to stop drinking while drinking.

Pick a day. Have your last beer.

Use your Ativan to safely withdraw, and begin your recovery.

There is really no other way.

There are many choices for recovery.

AA works for me. It may work for you.

It nothing changes, nothing changes.

Are you willing?