Notices

Do you remember your last drunk?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For the most part no I do not remeber my last drunk. It was 3 or 4 day black out bender that finally woke me up enough to accept the help that was offered. I thank God every day for that moment when I realized that change was necessary and haven't regretted it a single day since June 28, 2010.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It was September 11, 2010. Actually the night of 10th going on 11th. I had a Cosmo and 6 double vodka drinks at work while closing the restaurant. After I was done I went to the local dive bar where I had two more double vodkas and one single vodka drink.

On my way home I met a stranger who had his hands all over me in the alley he just walked me into. Somewhere between the brick wall and the dumpster I had a glimpse of sanity and decided I needed to get home, but wouldn't mind if he tagged along. In front of my apartment door there was another and perhaps the last "clear" moment of the night where I pretended I lost the keys, to get him to leave. He did. Later I discovered I lost some cash, about 100 dollars and my paycheck. Still don't know if I just lost it or if that dude picked it out of my pockets. That's not even half the adventures I had that night. Since the lost cash kept me anxious, I figured I needed to go on a searching expedition, where I met a borderline insane drifter, who was very keen on helping me find my dinero, ha-ha...Oh my god...

Either way, there were other things and acts of stupidity that night. Falling, and scraping my elbows while looking for the money, running down the fire escape with a knife, trying to get away from that drifter whom I invited into my apartment just cause I was bored and feeling like everyone was a friend, calling the police, and many more....

I quit the next day.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

my last drink was on a friday 3/4/2009
and l celebrated with a glass of champagne (go figure!)
this was the day l went into a 28 day rehab and haven't had a drink since.
Going into treatment was the best decision l've ever made.
Strange, l can't remember the last time l was drunk though.

The first step towards change is acceptance.
Once you accept yourself you open the door to change.
Change is not something you do, it's something you allow.
Will Garcia.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I don't particularly remember any details about my last drunk (and no, I wasn't a blackout drinker for the most part), but I remember the sick withdrawals two days later (while I continued to drink less during the week, which was my practice).

That's the day I decided to quit drinking. I consciously and carefully detoxed at home, drinking only four drinks per day, a few hours apart, for three days until my (planned) last drink, meanwhile having cleaned out my house of any alcohol and reading recovery literature and planning to go to my first AA meeting the day after my last drink.

That was almost two and a half years ago, and I haven't found it necessary to pick up a drink since.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

All I can remember is how hard it was to get and remain sober after my last relapse. The first three days were the hardest out of any of my 'do overs'. I picked up smoking again by the third day...I was crazy anxious. Just quit smoking 1.5 months ago. Hopefully I don't pick up the booze or the smokes again.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

December 30, 2010. Started around 2:30pm with a bottle of white wine, then a bottle of red. By 630 pm I was so drunk that I couldn't even move out of my recliner. My son just looked at me with disbelief before he went downstairs. I had to have my 18 year old daughters friend put me to bed. At 630pm! Was up and down all night. The sadness in my sons eyes the next morning was heartbreaking. Told my 18 year old I was going to stop this insanity and she and my 20 year old have been a wonderful support. I can still feel the sickness and shame on 12/31. Had my last bottle of wine on 12/31 and started my recovery process on 1/1/11. 20 days today and grateful for my sobriety.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Not really. I mean it was kind of uneventful. I was stuck in a holding pattern of trying to moderate and finding myself drinking 5 instead of the 2 I had promised myself. And not being happy with the 5. Just, Groundhog day.