Notices

Do you remember your last drunk?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you remember your last drunk?

Is that what got you sober, or did you have a date and stuck with it?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

It was a last drunk, but not quite so straightforward. The next day, between the sobriety and the hangover, I realized I was standing at the ledge of a cliff. I chose to back away from the edge and get help, but I know how close I got to just saying "eff" it and jumping.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was hospitalized and went to rehab, then after three months I considerd myself "cured" so I bought a small pint of vodka, then in just three days I had boughten much more booze than that, missed work on Monday and have not drank since then. I'm clearly an alcoholic and one was just not enough. My crazy story is what got me sober the first time but then I got cocky and thought things were under control. Defianlty not!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Yep, it was the same as every other one - completely lonely and uneventful. That's what got me sober.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i know what i drank for my last drunk. it was a bottle of VAT69. but i can't remember what the day was like.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It was January 24 2010.....
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Yes, mine is an oddly crystalline memory considering how drunk I was and how barely out of the ordinary it was.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum....

No I did not set a date for quitting...it took me years
to finally give it up.

My last drunk was 90% a mystry I was a blackout drinker.
When I came back to reality....I was in my neighbors
apartment......I had lost 1 1/2 days.

That's when I decided to get serious and sober....
It was the wisest move I ever made.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

went out with friends the first night, woke up the next day and started drinking on my own then ended up in a friends house and drank even more then left my new job because i was a paranoid, anxious mess then phoned a counseller and had a chat with him and cried my eyes out. I had many of these days but this one hit home and that was nearly two months ago. I fear drink now and dont trust myself when drinking it. I am happy i have this hatred for it now after what its done to me and my life.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'll never forget it! I'd thrown away nearly six months sober and drank for two days. Woke up so sick and hating myself and wished I would just die and be done with it. Instead, I got sober and this time stuck with it. Now have a bit over a year.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think it was around 10 am. I was reclining on a couch in my apartment with a hangover and a pain in my liver, thinking this has got to stop. Then I got up, walked to the kitchen where all the booze was (whiskey, vodka, wine, and beer I think), and poured it all down the sink. As I poured it out, I remember thinking, heck, what a waste, at least you could have given it to the poor guys living on the pavement.
That was on January 28, 2010.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

My last drunk is what made me believe I was alcoholic. January 1, 2010 I woke up at a friends house with no idea how I got there. I asked him if they had come to pick me up in the city I live in and he told me that they didn't. He then went on to tell me that I spent $100 on a cab to get over there and then purchased an 8ball of coke. When I asked what I had done with it he then told me I consumed it all within a period of 2-3 hours. I hadn't done coke for a long time and I realized that my life was just spiraling downward. I thought about my two kids and asked myself what kind of father could I ever amount to if I continue living in that way. I had already been in AA but I didnt want to believe I was an alcoholic I thought I was different. The next day I decided to go back to AA and get serious about my life and recovery. I just celebrated a year of sobriety which is more than I have ever achieved on my own, so I definitely know that AA does work if I work it.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was in a corner bar after my latest 2 day effort to stop. There was a mirror behind the bar and I remember sitting there for like an hour just staring at myself. I couldn't believe the person that was staring back at me. I decided that night something had to change....that was 69 days ago.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
High on Life

Yes, I remember my last drunk, I was coming off a crazy 3 day binge and I just couldn't stop drinking, even after the intervention with my sister and my therapist and I was just so sick and tired of feeling like that. It's not what made me quit, actually it was a series of things that made me quit, it was just the icing on the cake
Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Don't remember my last drunk. I remember a many of them but not sure what the last one was. I do remember my last drinks though......on vacation, in a bar, trying to drink at the same pace as everyone else was...... and it was no fun at all. It was like eating non-sweetened chocolate or melted ice cream. It wasn't "drinking" the way it was meant to be done (for me), yanno?

....and no, I didn't have any clue that was going to be the last time I drank....it just turned out that way. Seems fitting though, every other "this is the last time" hadn't worked out so why wouldn't NOT planning it work just fine?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The world cup final...watched it in a bar like almost every other game. I don't have a TV so I had to watch the games in a bar which meant I could order a beer at 10am and no one would look twice. I told myself all month that after the WC I would quit but I don't think I really believed it...id said it so many times before. All I know is that drinking was miserable that last month...but I couldn't quit until it was over. So I made myself keep drinking.

So I drank that morning at home...went to the bar to watch the game...made some drinking buddies (lol) came home and toasted Spain for the rest of the night. Woke up and felt wretched. Made it to work. Thank God no one was in. Felt like death all Daye. Barely kept myself from vomiting on the train home. Took the dogs to the park where I felt like a bloated wreck. Bought a big bottle of wine on the way home. Poured a glass and sat at my kitchen table and tried to drink that glass for an hour. It got warm...so I poured it out and got a fresh glass. Sat for another hour trying to drink that one....and I just couldn't.

Got up and poured the bottle down the drain...first time I ever did that sober...didn't even smoke again. Went to bed and that was it...the death of my drinking career.

Thanks for the thread...its good to remember that day sometimes
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Nope..was blacked out as usual when I drank.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sort of.

I rarely drank during the day but that day I went to a local pub and had an Abyss stout. I have to say it was delicious and I savored it because I knew that it was probably one of the last beers I might ever drink.

The day before I bought a bottle of Bulleit bourbon and had decided that once it was gone I'd quit. There was about half of it left.

So I went home and did the usual routine, had a microbrew, finished the bourbon all by 7PM. Started drinking wine, and had a few hits of strong pot around 9PM, and drank more wine until I passed out in my bed. After I started drinking wine I don't remember much but it was just like every other night for me.

Next day I quit.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jan 15, 2010, came home with two pint bottles of strong beer -- probably Beck's and Heineken and a six pack of Heineken. I lied to myself by saying I would drink just enough to enjoy the buzz and my TV show. I drank everything except one small bottle of Heineken. The next day I woke up with a monster hangover and a migraine, knowing I had to work the whole day and that my migraine pills were unlikely to get rid of the pain. They didn't. I came home from work and took out the only bottle of Heineken remaining and said, "F this S," I'm getting help.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I remember my first and I kind of remember my last, (really remember the detox), and not so much in between. Kind of sad being that there 27 years in there somewhere, a couple child births, a marriage, and lots of other great memories that I don't remember.