Notices

Keeping It Simple

Old 01-16-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you. You are working a program and it takes effort. But you are working a proven system and if you follow your sponsers guidance and you stick with the plan in the BB and participate in the steps and stay active in your recovery and use the tools and info given to you it is a proven and simple plan.

Just because it's hard work doesn't mean it's not simple. I think it would have been alot less simple for you to stay sober if you didn't find AA.

This isn't a knock on you or AA, (in fact it's a compliment), but in hindsite it is alot less simple to try and reinvent the wheel, especially when there are free wheels in every small town and city in the world that already work.

Sometimes our perceptions and beliefs keep us from using the most simplistic solutions.
You're right in saying it is a simple plan. I make it difficult because I am scared all of time. I am afraid if I let up for one second I will drink and use again.

Also I seem to be a sponge. I will soak up anything anyone tells me at this point. There is a guy in my meetings who tells me that he doesn't need to work the steps, because what they untimately do it bring you to God and he already has God - so my brain starts thinking...hmmmmm the easy way out....I just need to keep praying and then I'll be okay. Who needs to do an inventory? Who needs to make amends and restitution? Why look at my character defects? God knows them all and He will remove them and all will be well.

Sooooo I make it difficult. My brain plays a constant ping pong match and sometimes it drives me crazy.

I'm afraid if I let up, I will use and if I use I will most likely die. I get very sucidial when I drink and use.

Thanks for you post.