Notices

Having a difficult time today.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

SJTChiSox, I would caution Sleepie that your experience with this guy is rather uncommon. I think most people agree it's not a good idea to get involved with anyone, either in the program or out of it, in early sobriety. Good luck to you.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

The offer still stands, sleepie.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks all... I did drink last night, and I ask myself today- How did that go? Brilliantly. NOT. I ought to print this out and post it to my wall the next time I think imbibing will benefit me. I had a fight with an acquaintance, he picked up a very valuable piece of art and smashed it to bits in an alcohol induced tantrum. At the home of the people I work for as a dog sitter. Then after he left, he started sending emails saying I am unstable and unfit to care for the animals. In other words, he wants the job. So that put me in the embarassing position of having to contact the guy I was working for and tell him that unfortunately a slightly wacky guy who destroyed one of his art pieces may attempt to contact him and talk trash about me. So that's a golden moment I should remember for future reference. And then he attempted the classic move of implying that because I am on an antidepressant- I am a threat to him somehow, and that I'm "going to hurt someone someday"- mind you, I still have a scar on my shoulder from when this guy threw me against a wall in another whiskey induced fit of anger. And this is what I let in when I drink. This is what I need to remember.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I do appreciate all of your input- don't take it personally if I didn't hit the thanks button, I am usually too lazy is all!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Sleepie, as for the job interview, if you had 3 and do not get the job, I am sure there is another job around. My experinece if you get one iterview you will get more. Drinking is not the answer and you know this. So dust yourself up, stay stong and start again.