Notices

What was your alcohol consumption?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

The real question is "How much of me did Alcohol consume" That's a tie that will bind alcoholics together. As opposed to the latter where we try to form a hierarchy.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Nearly a magnum of white wine per day. I think this went on for years but my memory is gone........
Old 12-23-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Justfor1 .... There's a saying, don't compare your inside to someone else's outside. This really worked for me: Compare yourself to yourself! Works like a charm
Old 12-23-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I drank 6 to 10 beers a day without exception for at least 9 years. More on the weekends.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My average was 3 of those Steel Reserve 22's a drinking session (8.2% alcohol), which I'd say is about 9 units. Maybe twice or three times a week, so generally 18 - 27 drinks. Days where I'd hit it hard, I'd knock out most of a 12 pack of Ice Beer or polish off most of a fifth. Fortunately, drinking makes me sleepy... or who knows how much I could have gone through.

NYCDoglvr, I like that quote... good words to live by.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

What was your alcohol consumption?

Too much, too often for too long .
Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by seeleybooth View Post
My average was 3 of those Steel Reserve 22's a drinking session (8.2% alcohol), which I'd say is about 9 units. Maybe twice or three times a week, so generally 18 - 27 drinks. Days where I'd hit it hard, I'd knock out most of a 12 pack of Ice Beer or polish off most of a fifth. Fortunately, drinking makes me sleepy... or who knows how much I could have gone through.

NYCDoglvr, I like that quote... good words to live by.
Steel Reserve! Forgot about that swill. It was like drinking gasoline!
Old 12-24-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I have been a high functioning closet alkie since early 2008, so during the week days it was about 300ml (12oz) of straight vodka throughout the day, and on weekends where I had all the time in the world, it was a full 1litre(34oz) of the same poison per day..

Believe me, this is nothing for me to brag about, for those who claim this is a peeing contest.. I am on day 2 of sobriety after many, many attempts and it is some severe medical conditions are what motivate me to stop right now. And i'm only 29.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Toward the end I averaged a bottle of wine (regular size) per day. Sometimes I would have one or two more drinks after the bottle was done -- I'd either open another bottle or have beer or cocktails.

I drank every single day. A light day would maybe be "only" 2-3 drinks, and even that was pretty rare.

Regardless of whether it's more or less than anyone else drank, the amount I drank was more than enough to cause me problems.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post

Regardless of whether it's more or less than anyone else drank, the amount I drank was more than enough to cause me problems.
Right, I think that the consequences are the problem, not the amount. Towards the end of my drinking, I really didn't drink nearly as much as I used to. The reason for that was that my tolerance had gotten lower and I was much sicker and weaker. Like my body really couldn's process the stuff any more.
So the amount of alcohol got lower, but the consequences kept getting bigger.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

It wasn't how much I drank that destroyed me. It was how it made me feel and how it took up all my time.

It took up all my spare time. I spent more time drinking than cleaning, talking to friends, taking care of myself, cooking, talking to my family, thinking about the future....

Drinking was the main thing in my life.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

A lot. But for me it was the system that I had to break. Get the kids, run into the grocery store to pick up 2 4pack of wine and a extra large high alcohol beer to cover up the stink. I would chug the 4 before walking into the house and crack open the beer to get a couple of sips to cover up the smell. I would go back out to the car to drink 2 more of the small bottles of wine and then have dinner. I would end up sneaking chugs of vodka from our stash. I would be proud of myself for not drinking the last 2 small bottles of wine and drink those in the morning to start off my day.

Wow. That is sad. I did that for a few years. My job was to work and help with the kids but I would regularly wake up on the couch after passing out. Whats worse is I didn`t think I had a problem. January 11 2010 was my first day of no alcohol. Then I started losing my anxiety, my fat and my depression. I gained back a wonderful life. You all would no believe what a great year its been for me.

I had to decide not to drink again. I wouldn`t be able to drink at parties or wine tasting or get plastered every night which I LOVED. I havn`t missed it. I`ve gone to parties and wine tasting with my wife(she could drink a half a glass of wine and pour the rest out because she was done....how the hell does anyone do that). I`m the official DD which has turned out great. Driving this bunch of goofballs around is hillarious.

Anyway I used to drink a lot and was a sad man....now I don`t drink a thing and am so much better at everything!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Dismember

At my peak (late 2007-early 2008) pretty much a fifth of vodka every day. About half of it from morning to evening, then chugging the rest until I passed out at night. I think once in a while I might've just gone with a pint, a bottle of wine or just abstain for days... was never totally consistent.

I did not have a high tolerance though by any means. I drank to knock myself unconscious. Getting drunk was never my thing as an alcoholic.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Put it this way.....I didn't even put the beer in the refrigerator...no need I drank it so fast! I averaged a 12 pack a day when I quit. When I drank liquor I could easily down a liter of Jack Daniels. I was drunk but "normal" people would have been comatose!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

For me it was around a case of beer a night, 3 to 4 nights a week. I'd take a day off to actually get some sleep & recover from my hangover, then drink the next day & repeat...
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
oak

I drank so little, but I thought about alcohol constantly. But I usually did not drink more than 6 shots of vodka or rum. I did not drink beer or wine much.
I haven't even drank for very many days in my life. It just was a problem from the beginning.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
skg

More. It was my answer to everything.

Drunk goes into a dimly lit bar and sees a sign above the tap that says, "All you can drink: $10." He clamps onto the stool and slurs, "I'll have $20 worth."
Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I would drink until the money was gone. Sober up. Find more money and repeat.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Krang View Post
I would drink until the money was gone. Sober up. Find more money and repeat.
same here. If I had $50, I'd buy a bottle. If I had $500, I'd buy a bottle, and then head out into town and spend all my money there on more liquor.

I'd drink a 26 of whiskey or vodka, plus whatever else I could get my hands on. So much poison, it's unbelievable
Old 12-28-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

If I was drunk and wanted to get drunker which was every time, I would drink until foam was fricking coming out of my neck! I often would spit foam out of my mouth just to relieve the pressure.