Notices

Music and drinking memories...

Old 09-24-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
i've all but stopped listening to music.
Me too.....for the most part. At first it was a conscious decision to avoid some of it + I can't drive so that ruled out music in the car......then I found a gazillion open talks and that's what I mostly listen to now.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, for me some music is tied to wild times and drinking. Right off the top of my head, I think of "Head like a Hole" by Nine Inch Nails. That brings back some powerful memories for me. The good news is that I can still listen to these songs and not be triggered to drink.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Nope i listen to some of the same songs i listened to when i was drinking...they sound very different now because i am very different now:-)
Old 09-25-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Like the others have said this natural with music. I know even non- alkys get all sentimental too!
I stopped drinking before I reached 20 years old. I still love music but my taste has changed. It would seem odd for 50- something to be listening to Black Sabbath still! Although I still don't believe they write songs like they used to in the 60's through the 80's.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
It would seem odd for 50- something to be listening to Black Sabbath still!
How about a 24 year old lstening to Sabbath!! Man, I love Sabbath. Many 'high times' spent to Sabbath, Many sober times spent to Sabbath now too. Planet caravan being one of my favourite Sabbath songs when I used to be 'on it'. Fairies wear boots, Snowblind and sweet leaf too. Took me a long time man to get here when the lyrics are about drugs and I used to always listen to it whilst on drugs and booze. Still love it now though, in fact was only listening to Black Sabbth, Paranoid and Master of reality yesterday and today. Awesome stuff man.

Peace