Notices

Mourning the Loss of Alcohol

Old 07-23-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

lildag.....Out of every post Ive read so far yours stands out to me the most.GREAT POST and so very true....IM only 5 days sober and I can already see exactly what you are talking about.Even as I was drinking,each time before opening that first one I knew what I was doing was a mistake,but it was just so appealing and strong like the type of friends I had in school that could pressure me to sneak out my window or skip class.So Id do it nayways and deal with the consequences later....I said in a previous post I truly feel like Im going through a break up right now.Thanks for the post.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I loved alcohol so much I partied with her wherever I went around the world. Bourbon in New Hampshire, Buds in Boston, Everest Lager in Kathmandu, Lion Lager in South Africa. When I got to Jersey I got jelly-toed with Jaegermeister; in France I fancied the fine wines of the French vitners and in Mexico I got sheet-faced with tequila. It struck me as weird how many guises alcohol is dressed in, and that, ultimately, they all have the same effect. After all alcohol is just alcohol, no matter what you call it and the associations I have made with drinks and places are really only mind games. Knowing this has helped me realize that my relationship with alcohol has been a physical addiction devoid of grandeur, wit or a future. Severing this relationship is a cause of celebration in the truest sense...
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

play2win6...Welcome to SR...