Notices

im such a stupid idiot

Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree! It is a game isn't it? A game that our ego plays with us, telling us we deserve that drink for whatever reason. Geez, can't even pinpoint the reason WHY I drink anymore (or should I say "drank" - I'm on Day 2 and not going to play the game anymore! :-) I had every reason in the book to drink; sad, lonely, happy, mad, stressed, bored, to socialize, with a meal, celebrate. . . etc. I could find any reason, anytime! Normal people don't think like that, do they?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey there JW,

Nice work on getting back here and coming clean.

I never thought of having 'just a couple'. I always wanted to get f****d up. If I had responsibilites the next morning, I would carefully plan the absolute maximum I could get away with. Ended up needing 3 bottles of wine just to 'keep my head together'.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It took me over two years of trying and failing, over and over, to realize that I couldn't drink ANY alcohol at all. Get back up, dust yourself off, forgive yourself, learn from it, and move forward again. Glad you're back and starting over.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Another one here - quit drinking 3 years ago, after a few months thought I could drink one or two once in a while. When I quit in April I was an around the clock 7 days a week drinker. I'm glad you found your way back here and are on the right track.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

One idiot to another: Welcome Back!

and hey.... if you do it right this time............. you'll NEVVVVVVVVVVER have to post like that or feel this way again!