Notices

Relapse

Old 05-21-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
AMEN. same goes for "slipped" in my book.

I know......for sure......if I ever go back to booze it'll be because I frickin' CHOSE to. Probably a conscious decision too, but not necessarily. IF I let up on my meetings, let up on my praying, chill out one working the steps, etc....... another drink is right around the corner and it'll start making sense just like it used to. The only way I avoid it is to routinely do the things that keep it from making sense again.
Yeah, i hear that. Some people choose to go back, so sure, back they go. And some people don't choose to go back, and back they go nonetheless. I often found myself drunk, and i never made the choice to drink. I made the choice to not drink matter of fact. Just my ESH. Other times i chose to drink. It worked both ways for me. At the end times, i could never know for sure what was what about drinking or not.

Its an illness. We don't always have the power of choice. That's part of the reason why alcoholism kills people dead. I'll not underestimate it. Choices, sure we got choices. But not always. Not me anyways.

Rob