Notices

It can go bad -fast!

Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

wow i just noticed you are in qc ... i lived in gilbert for a while though i haven't been there in 10 years. i never drank around that area though ...

we may have run into each other at some time in some place
Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I agree that you need to write a book (or maybe do a little talk in a treatment center). Sorry to hear about your current problems - my heart goes out to you. I wish they would treat alcohol like they do dangerous drugs. You know, buy a six pack and get a little paper inside listing all the possible side effects. It saddens me to know there are so many of us suffering and dying everyday due to this disease.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing! You can tell from the responses that it's helped alot of us.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing, that must have been unbelievable for you and your family to go through, but you made it. I have been struggling recently but I think that might of shocked me enough to stay off the booze. I was alway under the impression it was a gradual build up and you would know if something was wrong, shows what I know.
Thank you
Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you for your story. One day when i have some sobriety under my belt, i may be able to share mine. it takes a lot to tell people how you were during the worst years of your life.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Heathen

I just want to sincerely thank you from my heart for sharing this. So glad you're here!!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Thank you. Amazing story. Know by posting this that you are helping people whether you realize it or not. No need for those panic attacks... Good people here as well.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

(((Schem))) -as a former RN (before my crack addiction ended that), I truly understand your health issues. I now consider you "our SR miracle" because you are part of our family.

Though you often apologize for "writing a book", please understand that it's a "book" we want to read, and NEED to read. You are helping more people than you can possibly know...not just the ones who respond here, but the many, many people who are not even members here, but still read.

My cousin is about your age, and is one step away from needing a liver transplant, though his problem is hep C. The family thinks it's from a tattoo, though I think it's from heroin..I know the lifestyle he lived and the people he hung around and I'm not saying a word. It really doesn't matter how he got here, at this point. His kidneys are also failing, but reading your post gives me hope.

I just wanted to thank you for being so open, honest and willing to answer questions. I truly think you have made a huge impact on a lot of people, and THAT, my friend, is pretty darned awesome!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Schem-I really appreciate you putting everything out there and sharing with us. Prayers to you.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Schem, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your share. I'd like to print it out and carry it with me... and the next time I even get the tiniest urge, I will re-read it.

May you have improving health...
Old 05-30-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

thank you so much for this. i've got "sore liver" and was warned by my doc that with my Ferratin levels being so high that i'm at high risk for cirohsiss and permanent damage. the stupid thing is that i often drink because i'm so scared at what shape my liver is in (how stupid is that?). i've got x5 days of sobriety in and i've got bloodwork tests tomorrow. God bless you for sharing this story as it is great to know someone out there who's rock-bottom has been the major damage to their organs. i just hope i can stay sober while i wait for the results.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

"i just hope i can stay sober while i wait for the results."

Is this true?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

still staying sober....thanks again
Old 06-03-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Merc, please stop now. This is it man, you have taken the gig as far as it will go. No more curtain calls, the circus has folded its tent.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

What a harrowing story. I am rather speechless. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Who Farted?

I am late to this thread, but wow.....I also vote for this to be a sticky. Thanks so much Schem. Really, really thanks. I wish all the best for you.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

schem9 we are not here to judge you. Thank you for telling your story. It is a marvel. I agree with the idea of seeing a professional to help you sort through the aftermath. My paid listener was of great benefit to helping me see reality more clearly.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

just wanted to bring this up again. my brother is having a real hard time with some d and a. want to show him the support he can find from this website. he does not like AA so I told him about SR and has not event looked into it. he is nearing his bottom.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi schem!

I just saw this post...thanks for bumping it up..a truly amazing story.

I am 6 months sober today using SR for support and doing a lot of personal work with a therapist. This after being unable to get sober for 4-5 years. I hope your brother can come here and get the support he needs.

Xoxo, LaFemme
Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Schem for sharing your story. It has had a great impact on me. Tell your brother we are here for him!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Schem,

I'm with LaFemme on the bumping and with several others on this thread potentially saving lives.

This is a perfect storm thread of lightening strike proportions - insanely powerful message. I so wish I would have chosen to stop drinking and come to SR sooner so that I could have read it and heeded your warning in May when you wrote it.

"Thank you" just doesn't seem to put my gratitude for your life, courage, honesty, and selflessness into proper perspective. I'll say it anyway, thank you!!!

Your brother has a warm seat waiting for him here.