Notices

Newbie Intro :)

Old 09-24-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello Barracho
I also was a beer drinker. Yes there will be a big empty spot(where the beer was). Just remember that's normal. It won't be easy at first to find things to take up that space. (But) If you are married and a father of three there are probably things that you should of been doing besides drinking. Please don't take that as an insult. I am an alcoholic, and there are a whole lot of things I should have been doing. I congratulate you for keeping a family.
The important thing is you are trying to stop. As others have said, you might want to stop in to an AA meeting. There will be other people there who have been through what you are going through.
My self I wouldn't have made it NEAR as far as I have without AA. Next week I will have been sober for 6 months. I drank for over 30 years. AA has helped me to fill in that empty spot.
Fred
Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
In Repair

Originally Posted by Borracho View Post
I guess I always said to myself, I can moderate it and therefore control it, but once the first beer is open, it's impossible (at least for me) to stop.
As they say...One is too many and a hundred is not enough. Was for me, also. Glad you're here and keep comming back!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Old 09-26-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of your input and advice. Here we are only on day # 3 but it's still rolling along as planned. I gotta be honest, yesterday I had the urge to stop into the local store while paying for fuel and thought to myself, "Hmmmm, just one wouldn't hurt now, would it?"

Then Ready2Rock's post (one = too many, 100 = not enough)came into my head. I chose not to see if that was the truth.

Thanks again guys. I have a sick 3 year old at home today, so it'll be a piece of cake to make it to day 4.

For what it's worth, I'm averaging over a gallon of water each of the past two days.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry to know your child is sick..healing prayers going out.

Glad to know your proceeding with your sobriety....
and are finding our shares useful.
It's good to see you again....