Notices

Really Frickin' Irritable

Old 12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Angry Really Frickin' Irritable

I have zero tolerance today. Every last little thing is getting on my nerves. I am so totally irritated with my family right now that I can hardly sit still. Some of the irritation is justified (kids nit-picking with each other, ignoring me, etc) and some of it is not.

I just want to be left alone. I just want this annoying day to be over.

I know there's nothing any of y'all can do about it I just thought it would make me feel a little better if I could vent here!! Thanks for tolerating me.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had a week like that last week TSH.

I try to think of all I have to be grateful for, and all the good things
but sometimes all you can do is....just get through it...don't kill anyone LOL
and don't drink.

D
Old 12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I know it's a bad day when even my li'l 8-pound furball dog gets under my skin! LOL! She's my lil babygirl and if SHE irritates me then something is definitely NOT RIGHT with me!

Not drinkin. TRYING to pull out the grateful list, but it's tough tonight. Thanks, Dee.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Wow. Now I'm all hopped up on caffeine - I made a pot of coffee with dinner and drank the whole thing.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Better coffee than alcohol!

Some days are just crappy. I thought there was a rule somewhere if you were sober you didn't get crappy days. I'm just kidding, but wouldn't that be nice?!

Glad you didn't pick up.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Heck yeah, that'd be nice! Let's create that rule.

:atv
Old 12-17-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I have found this reading to help me when I was new and today also.

Twenty Four Hours A Day
A..A. Thought for the Day

The way of A..A. is the way of faith. We don't get the full benefit of the program until we surrender our lives to some Power greater than ourselves and trust that Power to give us the strength we need. There is no better way for us. We can get sober without it. We can stay sober for some time without it. But if we are going to truly live, we must take the way of faith in God. That is the path for us. We must follow it. Have I taken the way of faith?

Meditation for the Day

Life is not a search for happiness. Happiness is a by-product of living the right kind of a life, of doing the right thing. Do not search for happiness, search for right living and happiness will be your reward. Life is sometimes a march of duty during dull, dark days. But happiness will come again, as God's smile of recognition of your faithfulness. True happiness is always the by-product of a life well lived.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not seek happiness but seek to do right. I pray that I may not seek pleasure so much as the things that bring true happiness.

Hazelton Publishing -Source

Last edited by CarolD; 12-17-2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Added Source
Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah im like that today, non nonesense shut the **** up kind of mood, but it will pass and even if it lasts all day...who cares! Sure as hell not going to take a drink!

A bad day now and then is better than the living hell it was before!

Don't be donw anyway its xmas:-)
Old 12-17-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I understand the 'crabby' feeling. Still, my worst day sober is way better than my best day drunk.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I am very glad that I listened to the oldtimers when they shared about how being sober no matter how long did not garauntee that every day would be a good day!!!! What I have found is that being sober I have far fewer bad days and when I do I can deal with them and the bad times will pass as long as I am taking any actions needed to rectify them.

Glad to see you know that this to shall pass and a drink darn sure is not going to make things better.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Today was a trial of biblical proportions for me.

My DH woke up in a foul mood for no apparent reason and spent the first half of the day snapping at me over nothing (and everything). I decided to get out and do some Christmas shopping and have a decent lunch, and my temporary crown that I got last week broke while I was eating. I spent the next 45 minutes at the dentist's office, having a panic attack, tears streaming down my face, while they attempted to fix it. After 2 failed attempts, they finally decided to put on a new temporary crown. This one's metal and is much more uncomfortable. My appointment to get the permanent crown isn't until Jan 5 so I have a couple of long weeks ahead.

I spent the afternoon crying and stressing over the whole thing, which inevitably lead to thoughts about just how badly do I really want to stay sober anyway.

I did stay sober, but today it wasn't because I wanted to.

Someone please tell me that this, too, shall pass.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will TSH.

I'm sorry for your crown, and for yr husband - but you didn't take that backward step - and you got through today - sober.

You'll be glad of that tomorrow
Keep it up

D
Old 12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Really struggling today. Not sure why.

Lots of feelings racing through me... anger, sadness, fear, confusion, desperation... not sure if that covers them all, but you get the picture.

I was going to say I really want a drink, but I don't. I don't want a drink, I want to drink. More than I've wanted to in a while. Maybe the worst since I quit (80 days ago). All kinds of crazy addiction talk going on in my brain right now.

It's starting to really sink in that this is something that I'm going to have to deal with for the rest of my life, and that is really freaking me out big time.

Don't know what to do or say right now. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by bballdad View Post
Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not seek happiness but seek to do right. I pray that I may not seek pleasure so much as the things that bring true happiness.

Hazelton Publishing -Source
bball - thank you. I just went back and re-read this and it is calming me down, even now as I type.

I just wanted to say thank you.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've got nothing against seeking pleasure LOL

but yeah - make it *real* pleasure - not the transient kind - not the short term fix - and not the kind that's gonna bite you on the butt and take you right back to where you came from in 5 minutes.

This time of year is hard, but staying true to yourself is even more important in times of stress - don't let the addict voice rationalise you into giving up on yrself or doing yourself harm TSH

D
Old 12-19-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I feel like I don't even know what makes me happy anymore. I have a hard time remembering what I'm good at or what I want to do. I feel lost and confused and I don't like it.

I just don't know what to do anymore.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

believe it or not TSH that's pretty normal - that's why lasting sobriety is so hard - the first few months can be ridiculous at times.

When I was going through this it helped me to think that what I was feeling was not actually necessarily true feeling - I wasn't losing it - but its simply the process of my body and mind healing - its something that happens to all of us.

D
Old 12-20-2008, 02:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Nope, no moderation for us. No more drinking. Now that we know we can't, we really shouldn't.

TSH, you aren't alone. Just remember that for as long as forever without drinking seems, and that is really quite a thing for my newly-abstaining self to type/think/feel, you are winning. You have a support system! You can feel irritable, you can talk to us all you please. I know for sure that we'd all rather hear how pissed off you are for feeling something that isn't nice rather than drink. That's why we're here.

As for why you're here, it's to be a fine person, and I know you are. Keep it up. Be annoyed, be irritable, be 80+ days. You're awesome.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

trying so hard
I remember when I first quit drinking,a older man explained how to live one day at a time because I could not see going 6 months,or 3 yrs sober.To me it was impossible.
I was about to freak out when he asked me if I could stay sober the rest of the day.I said(with much relief) of course.No big problem.So,as I tryed to learn to keep my head in today it got better.What seemed to be big mountains to climb had turned into smaller hills.Life and soberiety looked achieveable to me.It took a lot of presure off.No matter what Life throws my way today,I only have to bear it for this day.

now you have seen trouble sober and you have made it thru sober.You now know you can do it,and hopefuly ,you can take these experiences and build on these and build your confidence for when other troubles may arise in the future.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Tommy
Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
On the road of happy destiny

TSH, I can relate to so much of what you're posting. You may not realize it, but reading that it's normal even for a person with a lot more sobriety than me is really helpful. I'm glad you're on here posting instead of taking a drink.

Hang in there.