Notices

Quit Drinking 44 hours ago

Old 01-14-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by ronc View Post
I do not think i will use those programs. I have many hobbies to keep me busy. Its not like i was just sitting in the house drowning my sorrows in beer. I guess a am a hihgly functional alcoholic. I work 40 hours a week also to keep me busy, i just hope i can stay sober.
It's great that you've decided to put down the drink, but I've never met anyone who stays sober by hoping for the best and keeping themselves busy. You have nothing to lose but your alcoholic drinking if you get some real help to stay sober.

As many on this site have commented, being a "functional alcoholic" typically means that I'm a problem drinker with a job, a phase that some of us pass through before we start losing important people and things in our lives that matter.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

This thread is 5 years old. I wonder how this guy is doing? It would be great if there were some type of SR "where are they now" show.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR ColinB1

as someone said this is an old thread - you'll get more responses by starting a new thread

On the main page of this and every forum you'll see a big blue button at the top left of the page

click that big blue button...and ..you're away

D

D