Notices

Why, the 12 steps?

Old 07-15-2003, 12:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

if a cousellor and p-doc says you have ptsd, you probably do.

I'll tell you, I'd have it too if I had gone through what you went through. I was not saying you didn't, I was saying to not self diagonose.

Yaknow, there is a forum for ptsd in these forums Of course, you might have already discovered it. I don't go in there much :::: cross eyed icon ::::::::

I wish there was a way to turn back the clock, but there isn't.

It is awful, like you said, that ppl don't realize that they are either ruining a person's life forever or condemning them to years of therapy.

I wasn't taking your inventory, I was just warning you against self diagnosis, which is common!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I understand, and actually I didn't even bother to check with a ptsd board in here, that is good to know and I am going to check it out. The self diagnosing, medically it a bad problem of mine, I even have tons of medical books, always looking up every little acke and pain I get. I get so compulsive with it, and I'm hoping Im not becoming a hypocondriac because of it. Really, ever since my surgery, it's been worse. I wonder sometimes if it stems down to needing to be comforted that everything is okay all the time. I get worried that if I don't pay attention to a certain acke, I will be sorry. I just don't want to die until I atleast feel happy with myself first, so it really scares me. And another weird thing is, Im also afraid to finally be happy and finally be in touch with myself, then thats when something bad will happen and it would be time to go for sure. What a barrier I have with myself, huh I just hope I can still get better feeling that way. I try to keep telling myself, it's just my disfunctional mind thinking that way, to keep me down, and I remind myself of all that I've been through because of drinking and my way of thinking. A healthy minded person would not think like that. It's got to be better than this.
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy having someone to talk to like this, please don't worry about being completely open with me, I'd like things pointed out with anything I say, and if I don't agree, I'll let you know how I feel, and if I do agree, I'll let you know to, besides, we're just sharing our opinions and what we've learned. And I've just started with getting real help. Everyone has been very helpful in here to me, thanks