Notices

Need some support today

Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

At the meeting, someone said that it was ok if I picked up, that it happens to everyone blah blah. I didn't find that all that helpful.
That someone gave you incorrect advice
and I am so glad you paid it no mind.

Good for you Lili
Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone. It makes such an enormous difference being able to post here and to read all the threads. I'm on Day 8! I never dreamed I could go this long without a drink.

you know I just love veggies and fruit (ok well only melons and strawberries and peaches if they are really good)...but they are really pricy...if they really wanted people to eat well in the US they would invest some of those public service funds in getting those prices lower...and they would use some education funds to lower the price of books...for me it is cheaper and takes longer to get through a movie vidio than a book!
I know what you mean. THe average paperback is around $30 here now. Fortunately I have a good library nearby.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blue412 View Post
TL,

I've been meaning to check in with you to see how you are doing. I see you're doing just fine Your positive attitude and approach has inspired me and started my morning off with a smile. So, thanks for that..b
Aw thanks Blue! I have been trying very hard to stay positive. I used to work for Amnesty International so I met plenty of people who had real problems so the memory of that time puts things into perspective for me. So I can't drink. Boo fricking hoo. I can see I'm going to have to go back into therapy and I'd like to stay in bed all day bec I'm so freaking tired and overwhelmed, but I have a roof over my head and a job which is more than some people in recovery have.