I literally just cannot stop! WHY?!

Old 04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Yup can identify with that too glass!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by misskris76 View Post
one of the reasons i drink is due to the intense irritability, the insomnia, the exhaustion, and the severe anxiety i start to experience
I know exactly what you mean... this goes away really quick.

And if you continue to drink it will only get worse.

Reading this stuff makes me wish I had a magic wand to let you feel what I feel now when sober... it is SO much better....

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Everyone comments on how quickly, and throughly I worked the steps. And how I appear to have more time then I really do (18 months). My response to them is usually along the lines of "Well, my a** was on fire....I HAD to work an aggressive program..."
GP I could have written that verbatim and the weird thing is we both have almost the same amount of time sober. I really feel the worse ones butt is kicked by John Barleycorn the harder they work their program! I had step one kicked down my throat by Mr. Barleycorn before I set foot in the rooms!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I really feel the worse ones butt is kicked by John Barleycorn the harder they work their program! I had step one kicked down my throat by Mr. Barleycorn before I set foot in the rooms!!!
Yep, Taz, BTDT. As my 'fuzzies in my head' cleared a bit, it was only then that I understood that Step 1 had to be written in concret at the 'core' of my being. Acceptance, whew that was the biggy. However, as I have watched others come in and many go back out with 'stuff' I can understand how much harder to 'accept' Step 1, than it is for those of us that come in totally bankrupt in all areas of our lives. We can't lie to ourselves as there is nothing left to lie about.

MissKriss:

what i meant was that when i don't drink, these withdrwal symptoms start to surface and i feel consumed by an overwhelming desire to drink that feels beyond my control. i
I understood you completely and I will say it again, it is caused by the ALCOHOL. Now, just remember, once you get through detox, you never have to do that again if you don't want to, just DON'T PICK UP THE 1ST DRINK.

Get the phone numbers of those two ladies and many many more. The next time the craving hits, start dialing. And if there is no answer go to the next number. and so on and so on until you reach someone. Of course, by the time you reach someone the initial 'craving' will have passed.

I'm glad to see you have arranged for supervised Detox. Detox affects folks differently and as a precautionary measure, it is wise to have medical staff available.

Also please remember that those 5 days of detox are just to get you over the worst of it. It will take more time, lots of healthy eating, drinking lots and lots of water, etc to totally clean all the toxins out of your body, but that 5 days will give you an EXCELLENT START!!!

Keep posting, when you can, let us know how you are doing, we do care, honest.

Good thoughts, vibes, and prayers are 'winging' their way from NM to PA right now.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-18-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You lack willingness. When you find the willingness to quit for good then you will know that you can stop drinking.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Part 2 is here....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...w-posting.html