Notices

Which is worse neg. driving or reckless driving?

Old 03-07-2008, 03:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober 22 years and relapsed

Originally Posted by StayinAlive View Post
I wasn't implying that you be dishonest, thats great that you are an honest person. From my experience when i was at the pointy end of the stick with a police man, i volunteered to much information. Details that had nothing to do with my charge yet were twisted and used against me.

From your original post i assumed that this was a recent event and you had yet to seek a lawyer. Sounds like your taken care of. What does he say, which is worse? neg. driving or reckless driving.
No problemo.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Interesting thread. Its always someone/something elses fault.

I declare you innocent.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have some great advice for ya, get a lawyer.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I am going to tell you exactly what my sponsor would tell me if I asked him that question, talk to a lawyer.

Sick, see a doctor.
Legal problems see a lawyer.
Tax problems see a CPA.
Alcoholic go to AA.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober 22 years and relapsed

I'm talking here about insomnia and people are jumping on me saying, "You're lucky this or you're lucky that".

I'd like to know from those that have this attitude if they have ever drank or done drugs and then drove a car. Even if it was two drinks and then left the bar shortly thereafter, you're a menace.

My insomnia and driving while too tired was a new one to me. I did admit the DUI I got was deserved because I knew better but I had never tried to drive a car when too sleepy..

So those that are giving me crap, tell me have you ever been under the influence of something while driving? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM? 8
Old 03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is the topic

Which is worse neg. driving or reckless driving?
Please share on that question.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by AnotherDrunk View Post

I'd like to know from those that have this attitude if they have ever drank or done drugs and then drove a car. Even if it was two drinks and then left the bar shortly thereafter, you're a menace.

My insomnia and driving while too tired was a new one to me. I did admit the DUI I got was deserved because I knew better but I had never tried to drive a car when too sleepy..
Yes and Yes.

I never had a car crash while drinking but I did have many close calls and any one of them could have killed someone. There but the grace of God...

I have also fallen asleep at the wheel on my ride home (from lack of sleep) It was only a 5 MPH crash in bumper to bumper traffic but it caused $2000 damage to the small car that my SUV hit. If it was a motorcycle, I could have killed the person.
I know by experience that driving under such conditions is very dangerous.
We should not take such risks. Life and limb of others as well as our own are put at risk...plus any costs such as tickets or deductables on our insurance.

Now as for your ticket...

A good lawyer should be able to help you out and have them drop all charges.
If things happened as you say...
The police did not witness your driving so it was word of mouth from an unskilled witness. You were already stopped so your ticket was issued after the fact based on a witness that is not skilled in judging what is or isn't drunk driving.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I refuse to comment on the grounds it might incriminate me.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Are you serious? Are you one of those poor unfortunates who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Damned motorists anyway who don't know what they actually saw, or they just lie for the thrill of it!

Shame about the police too. My ex was of the same mindset against police. It never dawned on him his behavior might be the cause of more police attention though.

Seriously, if I saw someone operating a few thousand pounds of moving steel with no sleep for days on end, I wouldn't hesitate to drop a dime on them. I do the same for the idiots who hotfoot down my street as we have children in the neighborhood.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Whoa!!!! Let's re-examine this. Are you trying to lead me to believe that because you have been taking these two drugs and have built up a TOLERANCE to them that you were not under the influence? Please tell me this isn't your rationale. Would you mind sharing what these two drugs are that you don't consider mood or mind altering? I am not aware of any drugs that aren't mood altering that we don't build up a tolerance. In any event, I had a number of DUI's and I had quite a tolerance to alcohol. Every single time I would have told you that I wasn't impaired, that I was in control. I know your original question is about which is the better charge to have, but a reality check on the drug issue seems to be the single most important thing in this thread. Otherwise, you are destined to rationalize, minimize and justify the behavior and thinking that got you into this situation.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I sure hope it works out for you in court. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

If either charge stays on your driving record then they are both bad. Your only "crime" is driving while sleepy. While bad to do is not a crime that I know of. If you didn't do what the other people said you did and feel that you did nothing wrong, then I would fight it all the way. I think that if they were so sure of the charge, they wouldn't be dragging it out. They may be hoping that you get tired of it all and cop a plea JMHO. Good Luck!
Linda