Notices

Mr. Sensitive

Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

chip, the more I recognized my connectedness to all things, the less I felt touchy about my connectedness to individuals.

If that helps....

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-15-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sugah,
Thanks. That's a good way to put it.
chip
Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post

I used to worry in early sobriety what others thought about me a lot, the steps brought me beyond that, I no longer worry what others think about me because I am happy with who I am, I am far from perfect and continue to work on becoming someone who is more helpful to others.

I feel the more we change through the steps, the better we feel about who we are and the less we worry about what others think of us. As we find our selfs becoming happier with who we are, the less we worry about what others think of us. How can others wnat what we have if we do not like our selfs.
WOW!
Words of wisdom. Its all in the steps. You can pray till your blue in the face but working the steps is the answer.:ghug2
Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chip,

I think you are right on when you talk about your feelings not controlling you. Before I was in recovery, my feelings were what I went with. I had to learn, in early recovery, that I could 'feel' emotions, but that they were just emotions. They did not own me or consume me. And, I had the choice of how to react in a situation. It was a new idea for me. And, it's fantastic. I used to feel like I was being tossed around at the whim of the wind and who knew where I'd land. Now, how I feel is up to me.