Notices

I am tired of feeling sick and tired

Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by makinachange View Post
I feel so sick and tired. I have been drinking 2 or three bottles of wine per day and sometimes throw some vodka in with it. I have decided to up and quit today... after polishing off a bottle of wine before 9am.
I feel sick
I have tremors
I have been secretly throwing up all day
I three up in the walmart parking lot at 7am on a "fix my hangover" booze trip.
I have messed up my digestive system.
Once I even pooped in my pants while throwing up real hard.
I have gotten fat
I stopped my favorite sports
My skin looks looks awful

Tomorrow I am going to AA
Hi makinachange: I understand how you feel I can remember being tired of being sick and tired, and the best thing I did was too go into AA It changed my life, try it out it can change yours.

Your friend,

Sneakers :praying
Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think it is still a really good idea for you to talk to your dr about detox. Be careful. Keep posting.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is information on withdrawal

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1528509

Please be both sober and safe.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
tes

Originally Posted by makinachange View Post
I feel so sick and tired. I have been drinking 2 or three bottles of wine per day and sometimes throw some vodka in with it. I have decided to up and quit today... after polishing off a bottle of wine before 9am.
I feel sick
I have tremors
I have been secretly throwing up all day
I three up in the walmart parking lot at 7am on a "fix my hangover" booze trip.
I have messed up my digestive system.
Once I even pooped in my pants while throwing up real hard.
I have gotten fat
I stopped my favorite sports
My skin looks looks awful

Tomorrow I am going to AA
Im basicly having the same issues. Ive been getting completely hammered everyday for quite awhile now but I havent had anything major since Sunday afternoon but I got a 22oz this morning to try to make the cravings go away a little so I could rest. Ive got god aweful diarrhea that wont go away and I feel like im about to pop because of the stress and my blood pressure was 182/116 when I checked it earlier. I feel like ive screwed up my brain, im dizzy and light headed all of the time, short term memory is almost completely gone, very hard to think or focus, I feel like a zombie. Ive been through it all before though. My main problem is how my brain is programmed. Im so used to drinking during everything that I enjoy that its hard to break the cycle. I also rely on it settle down my bad nerves/stress and bad anxiety symptoms, which are often persistent and relentless. Ive promised myself time and time again that I will quit for good but that usually only lasts a week or two at best. It is just too damned easy to give into the temptation. Cutting down isnt an option for me, thats just not possible.. Its either all or nothing. Ive been to detox, and the 1st thing that I did when I got out was demand that my father pull into the nearest gas station so I could get a 6 pack with the few bucks that I had left in my pocket, and I dont think that ive ever slammed a 6 pack quicker than that in my life. Ive been to AA, I felt that wasnt for me as I have very bad anxiety and dont feel comfortable sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers attempting to explain myself. Im not much of a people person unless ive had a few. I am going to give sobriety another shot though and im hoping that willpower will be enough for me to get a grip on it. Im craving it pretty bad right now though and im very tense/uneasy and my hands are shaking just a little, that is why I cannot sleep, but after a few days that will taper off. After a week or two of sobriety it is easy to forget or dismiss why I have the desire to stop if something pulls my trigger, then the cycle starts all over until I finally ware myself out again and/or build up enough remorse. It really sucks. Well best of luck to you, I really hope that AA will work for you.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Well Done Keep Coming Back - It Works If You Work It So Work It You're Worth It!

Welcome Also Tes!!!

Cathy31
X
Old 10-16-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear you made the meeting and walked away from it with the realization that it does work, I can tell you it does for me, but I have had to work it. AA saved my life, it was not given to me by just showing up for meetings though, there was work that I had to do.

The people in AA shared freely with me how they got and stay sober one day at a time, I had to make the effort to not drink just for one day, the day I am in right now. This was far from easy at first, but I found that by going to meetings and listening to how others stayed sober and using what they had shared to not drink it made a difference.

I found by getting a temporary sponsor and a network of people in AA to call every day, especially when I started to think about drinking it made a huge difference. I still find it amazing how by simply calling and talking to a sober alcoholic before I drank, I was able to not drink.

In time I realized by what others were saying that working the steps made it easier to not drink and also allowed one to become a better happier person that I needed to start working the steps with my sponsor. As usual they were right, the steps were the key to sobriety and happiness.

The main thing needed to get and stay sober is honesty! In order for me to get and stay sober I found I had to be brutally honest with myself and everyone around me, I had to be willing to do what ever it took to get and stay sober.

Keep going back, see a doctor before you quit drinking just to be safe, but keep going back to those meetings, remember you do not have to say a word, just grab a cup of coffee, sit down and listen, I have found I learn a lot more by simply listening.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

makinachange, tes,

You may want to check out the thread: "I am quitting today...."

There are a number of new people there in various stages of drinking/recovery (I am one of them).

I'll add your names to the list.

Alyce
Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Makin'

How's it going for you today?

Keep keeping on, it's worth it

HUGX
Leigh
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tes View Post
Im basicly having the same issues. Ive been getting completely hammered everyday for quite awhile now but I havent had anything major since Sunday afternoon but I got a 22oz this morning to try to make the cravings go away a little so I could rest. Ive got god aweful diarrhea that wont go away and I feel like im about to pop because of the stress and my blood pressure was 182/116 when I checked it earlier. I feel like ive screwed up my brain, im dizzy and light headed all of the time, short term memory is almost completely gone, very hard to think or focus, I feel like a zombie. Ive been through it all before though. My main problem is how my brain is programmed. Im so used to drinking during everything that I enjoy that its hard to break the cycle. I also rely on it settle down my bad nerves/stress and bad anxiety symptoms, which are often persistent and relentless. Ive promised myself time and time again that I will quit for good but that usually only lasts a week or two at best. It is just too damned easy to give into the temptation. Cutting down isnt an option for me, thats just not possible.. Its either all or nothing. Ive been to detox, and the 1st thing that I did when I got out was demand that my father pull into the nearest gas station so I could get a 6 pack with the few bucks that I had left in my pocket, and I dont think that ive ever slammed a 6 pack quicker than that in my life. Ive been to AA, I felt that wasnt for me as I have very bad anxiety and dont feel comfortable sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers attempting to explain myself. Im not much of a people person unless ive had a few. I am going to give sobriety another shot though and im hoping that willpower will be enough for me to get a grip on it. Im craving it pretty bad right now though and im very tense/uneasy and my hands are shaking just a little, that is why I cannot sleep, but after a few days that will taper off. After a week or two of sobriety it is easy to forget or dismiss why I have the desire to stop if something pulls my trigger, then the cycle starts all over until I finally ware myself out again and/or build up enough remorse. It really sucks. Well best of luck to you, I really hope that AA will work for you.
I hear you Tes! I'm at that point right now. And it sucks the holidays are around the corner. I'll quit for a few days, and ride the wave of shaking hands, headache, and extreme crankiness, and then when I feel great and I'm accomplishing what I'm supposed to, I want to celebrate with a glass of wine and then...there I go again! My hubby doesn't help. He's a beer drinker. And he justifies his drinking by saying it's just light beer. But his six pack a day has progressed to an 18 pack a day, which he drinks throughout the day. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and I know I need to set the example because he doesn't seem concerned to stop.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

leg staying sober in a house with an active heavy drinker is not going to be easy, sober people have this way of reminding other people with a drinking problem that they do have a problem with thier drinking. When I was drinking I did not like having sober people around because with out saying a word they reminded me I was a drunk, people who drank around and with me made me feel so much better about my own drinking.

One can stay sober though with another alcoholic still drinking in the house, my sponsor will have 19 years the 28th and his wife is an alcoholic, she has been drunk every time I have seen her but one time. I am not sure I could stay sober if my wife was an alkie also if she was still drinking.