Notices

I gotta laugh...

Old 09-29-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I gotta laugh...

I'm whipped, Puréed, stewed and baked. What a mess. I stumble from one disaster to another. I live in a state of embarassment. Me shades are drawn. I'm peekin' out to see if my truck is in the drive. Don't know where I was last night... Its funny! Woot!

Dumb crap, yeah? Better to laugh than cry though. Feels better that way. I do what I have to to function. I can roll with my goofy attitude. Just let the crap slide off my back. Pop 'em the bird and grin, baby.

Trying to be serious about sobriety broke me. I made my meetings, read from the "big book" and prayed to my higher power. Then, BAM... I get hit with a craving and its off to the races. **** makes me so mad. I think the last meeting inspired my most recent jag. Speaker went into a delicious description of the lovely gold/bronze hue of my favorite smooth as silk bourbon, Made it sound quite tasty, he did.

BUT, HEY ITS ALL MY FAULT!!! Yes'm, I gots to work the steps. Surely one of these tattooed, muscle shirted, gold chain dripping, puffed up Guidos' can help me plot my path to recovery nirvana. I always wanted a pompous ass pimp for a spiritual advisor. Don't mean to blast my AA meetings. They just mirror the average, mind washed, Bushtard knucle dragging amoebas that pass for humans in our corn dog culture.

Goddamn, I hate my sorry lot. I don't want to recover. I want to sit my ass down in the privacy of my home and burn fatties and chug booze. Thats my God given right as a free born man dammit. I value my freedom.

*Sigh*. I'm old and I'm leaking though. I can shake my fist at the heavens and curse the Gods forever. I'll still end up a cripled old pissy drunk.

God bless. I have to fellowship with drunks. Seriously, thats a fate almost worse than death. You arrogant, self absorbed lame ass losers. Put that freakin' mirror away, punk.

I will go down laughing though. I choose to spit at the wind. You sober AA's better not scoff at my troubles. I may be your sponsor someday. Yeah, you think ol' Joe will never get sober. But I will. Somehow.

In the end I will win. I plan to laugh the entire freakin' trip.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

zJoe-

I am still trying to figure this out. I have been on sites for 2 months and it is helping. Maybe we can work together through this?

Let me know if you are willing to try...
Old 09-29-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that was funni joe

I've been told recovery is not for the faint of hearts thou...lol
To luagh and cry without being loaded ?....
well, if feels like a bad acid trip
On a good day its ironic, on a good, good day it's a paradox.lol

oh yeah..the crazy AA folks say "don't make plans"
Old 09-29-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Joe,

Put it away for now and trust me there are many that feel as you do.How about we see what tommorrow might bring us. Goodness knows, I feel your pain.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Defiance is another character trait common to Alcoholics. This reminds me of me when I was younger. I guess I hadn't done enough damage yet. Now that I'm older and realize I have hurt myself and others I decided to change. Thank God it wasn't too late. I put my unhealthy attitude away. Somewhere where hopefully I will never find it again.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You should go to a meeting and find that tattooed, muscle shirted, gold chain dripping, puffed up Guido and punch him in the back of the head. It might not solve all your problems but I'm sure for a few seconds it'll make you feel like A Big Man.

Seriously, though, sobriety's not for everybody. If sitting down in the privacy of your own home burning fatties and chugging booze is a major ambition of yours, weigh the pros and cons and make a decision. If you decide that's not the way you want to go, then come back here and ask for support.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, booboo.... You know Guido is my truckin' bud. Don't hate me dog. I'm just playin'. Can't we all just be freaks and get along? I love you brother.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

what the hell?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

All the best zJoe99,your a funny old rascal.Sure you can use your sarky humour to drag yourself through this.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
what the hell?
what you do mean wt hell ??
havn't you been there before ?

it's call.....incomprehenciable demoralizations.

you know... the johny barlycorn stuff..lol
or the devil may care fella.....

becuase it's always darkest before day light.

Last edited by SaTiT; 09-29-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

oh. ok. I think I get it.

Thought for a minute I'd been insulted. By a coward. Okay then.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Hey Joe

if you can stop your own knuckles from dragging for just a bit...

When your ready, will you be my sponsor?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ummm....

Don't quite understand your post.

I take my sobriety seriously...Dying in active alcoholism is no laughing matter...I HAVE suffered enough pain and chose life...
Old 09-30-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Joe...If you want to get sober, which it appears you do...you can do it. You are not doomed to die a horrible death if the path you choose is not AA.

I use to be a martial artist, and was told that the first 3 moves I learned would be all I needed to defend myself BUT I chose to learn more because I loved it...The reason I tell you this is because what keeps me sober today is the first thing I learned in AA.....Don't pick up no matter what. If you practice this EVERYDAY without fail you will be sober. Hang in there remain true to who you are and reach out for help if you need it...Best of luck!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What an excellent example of another pompous, social degenerate, uniquely selfcentered, godcomplexed, pour me another whinning drunk looking for attention. What an excellent post of pure BS. If you get sober and stay sober, you will have the opportunity to help many. First though, maybe you can take that Godgiven marvelous mind and that creative and ingenious vocabulary and start writing out your First Step. Just a suggestion of course. Oh by the way, did you honesty think you were a one of a kind? LOL Keep writing!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i figured it was just another drunken post...
Old 09-30-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

time takes time

best
fraankie
Old 09-30-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I understand the post. Rufus, I often wonder how you live with the constant name calling and "tough as nails type" of sobriety. You just always seem to be attacking people. O well.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Interesting post. Resentments, judgement, and anger about sums it up though. It is no wonder you are still drinking. Failing to look for the similarities really can create a problem with sobriety.

By the way I doubt if you would be someone that would be my sponser as I choose my sponser based on someone who works the steps in and out of the rooms of A.A. In other words someone who has what I want in life.

Good luck. I hope someday you find what you are looking for. It does not appear clear from your post whether or not you want recovery; as on one hand you state you are happy being drunk but on the other you state you will be sober one day. Can't have it both ways, you are either drunk or sober. There is no in between.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Joe

I think I know where you are coming from. My husband is the addict in this household but I am a recovering husband addict. He no longer lives here. I have been scared and lonely but now no one is putting me their bottle of booze and shaking it up and then dumping me and the mess all over. It would sometimes take me days to come down off my body's extreme adrenalin high and I would be so exhuasted. ( Just check my posts in the past- I was a basket case!) I think I was addicted to my own adrenalin. He was not living here and I at first was grateful to have some peace. I found myself missing the getting upset victim rush I would get. How strange? I do not get it any more thank God! I am now living in peace even when I have to deal sometimes with his active addiction now.

The thing I agree with most in your post is -that there is not a fate worse than death than spending your life with a bunch of drunks. I got so sick of hearing the same stories it was like someone had pushed their replay buttons and the botton got stuck. This even drove my very drunk husband crazy that he would go over and yell in their face "enough" and this was a man that was on his way to blacking out. So Joe- why are you doing this? Just afraid to step out of the box? I live in the hills of no where and up here the locals males do not think of you as a real man unless you drink yourself to a blackout every night. Do you also live in the hills of no where?

You are closer to recovery than you think and I hope you continue towards it. My husband is a long way away from your post and I would love to have him say those things. By posting your post he would have amitted to me and himself that he has a drug problem and a drinking problem. He is still can not do this.

Hey Joe- just keep thinking and posting and I really bet you will be a very good sponser for someone someday. You will know all the angles and it will be very hard for someone to get one past you. You could really help a lot of people. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and get sober and learn to help other people. If you we not inclined to do this you would not have posted that.

Now those fat things you are eating- you are not really addicted to them so just give them up! Okay?

Keep working on it I think you are almost there Joe!