Notices

Oh God oh god oh god

Old 09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Greta,
I hope you are seeking medical help. Withdrawal is hell, but it will pass... On the other side, things are much better. I hope you are seeing a doctor about your detox.
chip
Old 09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

EWWW withdrawals are so bad, thinking of them keeps me sober. Just know that everyday will get better (physically I mean) Slow deep breathing, try your best to relax. You MUST be careful though. Your heart will be pounding so hard too. If you can at least just pop into the doctors to let them know what you are doing. then maybe book in with them to go back in a few days time to check on you.

It is vital that you let some friends or family know what is going on and hopefully have someone with you. Get them to bring around heaps of movies and sweets! chocolates seemed to help get rid of cravings! well booze is sugar right?

Take care and keep us posted. We have all been there and you have our love and support!!!!

misslisa
Old 09-28-2007, 11:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

greta
Please do as others have said...go to the Er. Alcohol withdrawals is so different from opiates or benzos. The dt's can kill you. With the opiates you want to die but you won't. Alcohol dt's are nothing to play around with. the hallucinations make you think and do stuff that you think is ok. Please heed the advice....call someone to come get you and seek medical help. A few days in the hospital may save your life.....Viki