Notices

Rhonda Lenair

Old 09-19-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Miss C I have no doubt in my mind there are other paths to sobriety and I will not lie, if there is an easier softer way to long term happy sobriety and I could afford it I would be paying it right now.

I have no problem with people charging for a service, but if what she offers is real, it is way beyond a service, it is a gift!!!

To be able to simply lay her hands on alcoholics & or drug addicts and talking to them for several hours results in removing the withdrawals and all the cravings that go with alcohlism & drug addiction is nothing short of a miracle.

If I had this ability I would advertise it to the world, think of all the lifes that could be saved and all of the misery tht could be eleminated.

If this were all true I doubt I would need to advertise it, every newspaper, TV & Radio station, every church and charity would be sending people to me.

I hope and pray this is fact, because if it is it is a miracle, I am now stopping smoking & it is making me a bit testy, just think of all the lifes that this woman could save through out the world.

She could save more people then Christ did because there are more people today and travel is so much faster and easier today.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Meow6120,

I'm sorry I missed this post before now. I'm very happy for you, and for your boyfriend, that the compulsion to drink has been lifted. I hope you will continue to post and share your experiences with us all.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Meow I am happy that you and you b/f seem to have found a solution and I hope your recovery will be long.

However ,I must confess I am a little skeptical where "miracle" cures are concerned.

I agree with Taz that it would be interesting to hear from someone with long term recovery.

Exactly how long have you been clean?

Were there 'follow up" sessions?

Did you have to pay more?

How much more did you have to pay?

If Lenairs system is as good as it appears I think it is important that folks hear more about it.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dear meow

Your share is very much appreciated.

But, I have to say this.

I, being perhaps one of the MOST open minded people I know, have to say that I am abit concerned. Not cynical. Not red-alert alarmed. Not even skeptical of Rhonda and the effect her treatment has had for you.

But, it sounds like you are a very sensitive person, who just listed alot of excuses in the guise of "reasons" that created high, chronic stress in your life, to drink heavily over. There will certainly be more of these reasons. Life is rich with opportunity to gain lessons in patience, tolerance, acceptance, surrender, etc. You will not be immune from LIFE.

Have you considered accepting the fellowship of AA with its 12 spiritual steps as guide to living as an adjunct to your miraculous reset modality?

There is no reason now for you to fear the energies in the rooms of AA. Your electrical encoding has been reset, so you are protected from those energies, right? You are free at all times to relate to others and not to compare or exclude. Its an amazing way to heal.

Now, these are just my thoughts based on how you described your past experiences and present understandings. They may not be helpful to you, but I hope they are. Namaste`
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi again,

Your post makes me smile.....in a "you're preaching to the choir" sort of ironic way. I agree with the importance of positivty, and spirituality. Seriously. I am an Ayurvedic practitioner, yoga therapist, energy healer, affirmative thinker, author of 6 books and international presenter on the topics, and l am also an alcoholic enjoying AA recovery. I believe that any path is only attractive when its not pushed on others.

I DO however, hear in your words, a wee bit of "terminal uniqueness" in that your tragedies were bigger and worse than everyone else's and this, to me is another trait you and I share. Except you have really no basis to assume that your problems and circumstances were worse than mine or anyone else's, and it is beside the point, anyway. Those ideas are excuses to drink, to feel justified in holding onto negative energy patterns, for isolating out of fear of losing self identity and for maintaining moral and spiritual superiority over others. I do that, too.

I am trying to get better, and you have helped me today to see this in myself, and I thank you very much for sharing.

Last edited by CarolD; 09-19-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Edited Out Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello Moderator and/or Forum Manager,
I am not allowed to send a private message to you or to send an email to you. I find I can't edit or delete my posts. Could you be so kind as to delete post 24 and post 26 of mine on this thread? Thank you so much. Meow6120
Old 09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My road to sobriety was a tough one! I now have something to pass on to someone who needs it. For that, I am thankful!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

At the request of the poster....Meow
2 post have been removed.

I post has been edited as it had
part of Meow's share quoted.

Thanks Everyone!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

just one little thing bothers me - I'd like to post it here so that anyone who's not familiar with Edgar Caycve understands a fundamental something about this...

Edgar Cayce ... NEVER charged money for what he did.

That, to me - is incredibly signifigant.

I was raised on Cayce ... my mother was a life member of the A.R.E. -
not saying that's a great thing but it DOES afford me a knowledge of Cayce.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have a friend who has been a friend of my families for over 30 years.
I never learned this story until many years later, apparently he had a 22 year love affair with Heroin and alcohol. One day his 3 brothers and father grabbed him, brought him to one of the brothers basement along with a friend who was also a doctor. They detoxed him in 11 days with medical care (doctor friend)
When he was clean he expressed his desire to do so, but found that certain groups he attended did not believe in the method in which he got clean. (he was clean for about a year when he actually went to his first meeting)
He tried another and another, looking for something.. never found it in those meetings. He decided to stop seeking further recovery and instead got busy with making changes in his life, hobbies, bought a boat, married his old high school sweetheart, had three kids and became one of the most popular and most loved coaches of the area's high school football team.
He's been clean and sober for 19 years. To this day he will talk to others that go to these group meetings and still they tell him he won't make it if he doesn't "come back"
They were skeptics.

What gives anyone of us a right to be "skeptical" of anyone's method of recovery?
As someone mentioned in some other posts, if someone thinks they can get clean kissing a goat everymorning, shouldn't we just say good for you, thanks for sharing?
We do that when someone announces they have stayed sober with AA for any amount of time, we simply say, great, that's wonderful... Any other way however and all the skeptics are scratcing their heads.
I don't think it's fair and maybe I have been guilty of it, but no more. If someone says they are clean and sober just from kissing that goat everymorning I think I am going to say, Thank you for sharing, that's wonderful. (WITH no sarcasm or skeptisism)

Thank you Meow for sharing your exprience, I love to learn about any methods used in getting clean and sober. As long as you are happy, that is all that should matter. Good luck and I hope you will not let skeptics keep you from sharing your own journey.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post

I was raised on Cayce ... my mother was a life member of the A.R.E. -
not saying that's a great thing but it DOES afford me a knowledge of Cayce.
I have always found EC's story fascinating. What do you mean you were "raised on Cayce" and what is A.R.E ?
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoingWell View Post
What gives anyone of us a right to be "skeptical" of anyone's method of recovery?
Indeed. That's what I'd like to know, too. Meow, many of the detractors here have suffered, scratched and clawed their way to sobriety, apparently...it appears that they are very unhappy to see that somebody has achieved sobriety seemingly without having to suffer and work in the manner that they did. They must dismiss your recovery in order to make themselves feel better. There are a few of us here who know that there are many paths to sobriety and I for one am happy that you are doing well. Take care...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

doingwell my father, quit on his own, went to his grave sober 19 years, he was a self admitted alcoholic and my mother concured!!! My brother has been sober for many years with out a program, my son has been sober several months without a program, who knows if my brother or son will be like my dad and never need a program or like me and need a progran to stay sober. Looking at my immediate families issues with alcoholism, the difference between me and the others is I drank hard 20 years longer then they did. I crossed a line in my alcoholism they did not cross.

I was the one that mentioned the goat and I will stick by that, now if some one owned a goat and said only thier goat would work and you had to pay for the right to kiss the miracle goat, I would have abolutely no problem with that at all if they gave ones money back if it did not work instead of saying "Well you paid, you kissed the goat and it did not work, we will not refund your money, but you can kiss the goat again."

I hope and pray that what Rhonda Lenair did for meow and her boy friend works, if I personally had the gift that Rhonda Lenair has I would have to give it away, but that is just me, I know the pain of alcoholism and if I had the power to just lay my hands on someone and free them from it I would give it away until I kicked the bucket.

If you want a good laugh though go to Rhonda Lenair's site and first read her "Disclaimer" & then read her "Guarantee", they null each other out!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I was the one that mentioned the goat and I will stick by that, now if some one owned a goat and said only thier goat would work and you had to pay for the right to kiss the miracle goat, I would have abolutely no problem with that at all if they gave ones money back if it did not work instead of saying "Well you paid, you kissed the goat and it did not work, we will not refund your money, but you can kiss the goat again."

I hope and pray that what Rhonda Lenair did for meow and her boy friend works, if I personally had the gift that Rhonda Lenair has I would have to give it away, but that is just me, I know the pain of alcoholism and if I had the power to just lay my hands on someone and free them from it I would give it away until I kicked the bucket.

If you want a good laugh though go to Rhonda Lenair's site and first read her "Disclaimer" & then read her "Guarantee", they null each other out!
I think you missed the idea of my post.
I just don't think any of us have a right to point skeptical fingers period.
I did read the Rhonda Lenair's website and I have formed my own opinion but I could do the same by going to the Big Book and pointing out MANY things that leave me scratching my head, but instead of doing that, it's much NICER and simpler and MORE appropriate to just support one another no matter which way they choose recovery. Personally meow and her friend would have spent far more on rehabs, and I appreciate the goat theory and that if you had certain gifts you would give it away, I respect that, it's cool, I work with an experienced and educated therapist and I pay a copay for once per week group therapy .. Any lengths! It's something that is helping me stay on path and no one has to agree with it but I think I still deserve the same "Way to GO!" comments as those who chose the 12 step lifetime approach.

Would it have been appropriate if Meow had shared this in a 12 step meeting only to hear some of the opinions/comments? Isn't that cross-talk? Judgemental? Or should she have received a round of applause like many others do in meetings.?

That's all I was saying. Indeed if I thought kissing a goat would keep me clean/sober and HAPPY and had a price tag, I'd have no problem paying that price. If it worked, I would hope others would continue to offer me support/understanding and a job well done, if it didn't, it's my money wasted and a lesson learned FOR ME.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

let's go back to the first post on this thread
and count how many members said "Congrats"
even if they questioned this approach.

And no darn goats for me either!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

There are many who have found their own paths and are doing well..

We are blessed to have the gift of choice...I learned early on..what woeks for one person ..may not be right for another..But if what they have works for them...I respect that.

For the alcoholic/adict I am..I need the journey and path I have chosen..
Our book states.."It is a program of suggestion" and .."Our motto is love and tolerance" ... for me love and tolerance includes repecting another and encouraging another to do what is right for them. The slogan "Live and Let Live" 's meaning is also about respecting another's right to choose what works for them.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

doingwell I am not in any way knocking what meow and her boyfriend did, I sincerely wish them all the best as I do you or any one else battling alcohlism.

I am an alcohlic, I was in a hopeless state, I had no idea how to get and stay sober when I finally realized that if I did not get sober I was going to die a lonely drunk. I could not stop drinking on my own, I was scared and seeking help.

I was very lucky, I still had my job and health insurance, on the back of my health insurance card was the number for the insurance companies Drug & Alcohol program, I called it because I was desperate and did not know what to do to get and stay sober.

If I had not had insurance I may have got on the internet and did a search for Alcoholism Treatment and found a place that was cheap (less then $20,000) and made what on the surface appeared to be a quick and easy fix for numerous serious problems including alcoholism and gone for it.

To my knowledge there is not one single miracle treatment for alcoholism or drug addiction, nor is there one that in a matter of 4 hours of doing something for $1,200 that has any proven record of long term sobriety.

The vast majority of reputable rehabs that involve everything from 3-5 day detoxes to 30, 60, 90 days rehab programs DO NOT offer any sort of claim of long term sobriety gaurauntees.

I feel that we all have a responsibility to support any one battling alcoholism or drug addiction in any way we can and that includes letting people know that sadly there is no miracle cure or treatment for drug addiction or alcoholism, if there was such a thing the world would know about it and every single drug and alcoholism treatment center would shut down except for the one with the miracle cure or treatment for drug addiction or alcoholism.

Are there miracles of recovery? You betcha, but those miracles are not for sale IMHO.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I read here on a daily basis about people who display for more than skeptism towards AA and it's methods. Some have been known to even be downright hostile. I take it in stride.

Forgive me if I in return tend to be a little skeptical of people who claim to have a "miracle cure" for alcoholism.

I grudge no one their choices in their pursuit of happyness but questioning things has always been my nature. Heck I even question AA which has saved my life.

My list of skepticisms is an extensive one which ranges from UFO sightings to Bigfoot to demonic posessions, from witchcraft to faith healers. If anyone can accept these things on faith well hooray for them just please don't try to assume that I do not have a right to question them.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

[QUOTE][ grudge no one their choices in their pursuit of happyness but questioning things has always been my nature. Heck I even question AA which has saved my life.

My list of skepticisms is an extensive one which ranges from UFO sightings to Bigfoot to demonic posessions, from witchcraft to faith healers. If anyone can accept these things on faith well hooray for them just please don't try to assume that I do not have a right to question them.
/QUOTE]

I really do understand, this is something I am myself working within myself.
There are questions, and then there are skeptisisms. Then there are perceptions of those questions and skeptisisms. For example, if someone said to me, how can you believe in God and not go to AA? I would be more obliged to answer that question than if someone said "Hey you can't believe in God or a higher power and not believe in AA?"
That's the difference I was pointing out.
Some here have asked meow some good questions out of real earnest curiosity, others have said that if it were a miracle perhaps it should be given away for free.
Imagine Pharmaceutical companies giving away medicine that cures/helps people? Doctors who give away treatments that help people, the ER physicians that save lives with CPR? Should they all just give it away? Would be nice, would be a perfect world then wouldn't it, but in a perfect world we wouldn't be in this battle to begin with. Sigmund Freud gave a lot to the scientific world that we have now.. he also gave us freebase cocaine!

Getting off point here.. You can ask people questions and really desire an answer and then there are those that are skeptical and express their skeptisism in a way which might offend or turn someone away.
I could be wrong, but I dont' recall Meow saying she was cured forever and wouldn't need any support from here anymore, that itself says something. (to me anyway)
no matter what road we take we should be there to be supportive of someone.
I AM trying to learn that myself, my way isn't the right way, it's just right for me RIGHT NOW.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This thread is now closed.
The orginal question has been asked and answered.
Here it is....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an appt. in Sept. Anyone out there who has seen her can give feedback about your experience? Thanks.

Do feel free to begin a new thread
sharing your own experiences.

Thanks