Notices

i just bit he dusst...,.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

The thing is homer, you notice the people that argue and do you also notice people just saying hi and saying they might have some empathy?

Hang on!

That is my first manhug dude! You must be special!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Have to disgree Taz...the only one that can keep me sober is the God of my understanding
Golfman I agree with what you say to a point, but if you lose touch with your HP then you are in danger of picking up. So ultimately it is up to me to maintain contact with my HP, who gives me the power to stay sober. It all still rest on me, if I lose contact with my HP then I am in grave danger.

Homer I agree with the others, there are to many people out there seeking help that are ready for help. I will be there for you when you are ready.

Homer if you want to die then just keep coming here and sitting on the pity pot and doing nothing but crying "Woe is me, I can not stop."

When you are ready to do something besides that then we will be ready to help you. Homer you will be in my prayers, in the mean time I will help those who are willing to help them selfs.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

sure do^,actually ignore the disagreements,i dont need it,words of wisdom and friendly fire i take serious,i know yall dont like to see anybody struggle
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

and taz,yes help those who are ready,you have knowledge and experience at this,dont waste no more time on me until im ready,and that goes for all ya too.im NOT readyyyyyyyyyyy,ok,i admit it
Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

homer!! Do you think you are different? Do you think we are different. (I am asking questions like slowbriety now lol).

You are not ready yet! I am? Why should I be different from you?
I feel like destroying myself because I hate myself, how do I stop that?
I dunno, but since I stopped drinking that feeling has become a LOT less.
Drinking makes everything worse for us.
We are alkies, the only hope we have is to stop drinking.
The rest can take care of itself. You have no malice in you, that much is obvious.
That is a bloody good start!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

(((Patrick)))

I pray you will find your way.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IMHomerSimpson View Post
sure do^,actually ignore the disagreements,i dont need it,words of wisdom and friendly fire i take serious,i know yall dont like to see anybody struggle

homer,

of course nobody likes to see anyone struggle. However, anyone struggling has to be willing to help themselves. if there's no desire there, we have to put this in God's hands, not ours.

We see many people stuggle every day. but there's a difference between someone who's struggling and desires help, and one who is stuggling who nevers has any desire to do anything about it.

Can't make it any plainer than that. We're always here to help, but we're not suckers either. No one likes being taken advantage of, especially when we know we might be able to help someone else.

when you decide you want to get serious, come back.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IMHomerSimpson View Post
and taz,yes help those who are ready,you have knowledge and experience at this,dont waste no more time on me until im ready,and that goes for all ya too.im NOT readyyyyyyyyyyy,ok,i admit it
Homer,

You have to be ready, willing to change your life without alcohol. I was sorry to read the above. I will continue to pray for you...

To those that have responded with this debate, it is how you you say things, write things, that can be offensive... We are all in this together, striving for the same goal. It makes it easy when we all can communicate with kindness.

Just my opinion...
Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Why so harsh?
I was drunk for a good 4 weeks and got support from here even so. Homer, come here all you like drunk or not.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

Err, why would it bother me?
Why do you keep on just throwing out questions?
Do you think you know the answers?
only reason i asked if it bothered you was because you asked me if there was a point.

i keep throwing out questions beacuse i dont understand how people can fix themselves and keep themselves sober. i go to aa and in taking the first step, admmitting my powerlessness over alcohol, which to me means i cant keep myself sober and that my life has become unmanagable, means to me that i cant fix it, and i also believe that no matter how long i have gone without a drink my life will never be managable. The god of my understanding keeps me sober and "fixes" me.

if i knew the answer i would not have posed the questions.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Golfman View Post
Have to disgree Taz...the only one that can keep me sober is the God of my understanding
All right well my hair got split. My only point was that as a codie I tend to get sucked into others' dramas, when the only one I can really address (through going to meetings, working steps 3 & 11, etc etc), is my own.

Now someone glue my hair back together please? It doesn't look very good that way, all frizzy. lol
Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Disagreeing, asking questions, words of support???

It's a form of discord. I love hearing/reading other people's ideas and thoughts. It's ALL food for thought . . .

I know I am, and I think from reading posts, most others should be able to take what they want and let the rest go. Question, investigate, google, etc.

I think the discussions are healthy - We are here to support and sometimes question accountability.

TinLizzy