Notices

Sick today this is not good

Old 03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick today this is not good

There is no way that I can de-tox myself. Thankfully I will be in rehab soon. I am so shaky its preventing me from getting anything done. I was wondering what the sings of an ulcer from alcohol would be, because I am so sick to my stomach, and vomiting (I hate that word). Also if someone could explain what a heart ?pappalation? is. I am not sure if I said that right. This not what I expected when I started drinking for fun, because this is definetly not fun. I tried to see if I could stop on my own again but this time is ten times worse. When I went to the store I felt more dangerous driving sober that trying to drive drunk. My foot was shaking on the gas pedal. At least its only for another week.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My body didn't appreciate a the two bottles of vodka I drank last night and its paying me back big time.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Big Trouble don't wait for rehab if you're really feeling horrible. A trip to the ER or doctor for a quick check up would be the best thing to figure out the symtoms and if anything needs to be done. At the very least, it will put your mind at ease.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Please don't judge me because if I could stop on my own I would. But I am afraid partially because of what some of the members have posted on here.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would but it last time they tricked me into signing a paper and they wouldn't let me leave. The rehab I am going to is very good I've heard, its called Rosecrans, it I loose my spot on the list, I will have to wait another two or three months.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

BT,
No one will judge you, strike that, no one CAN judge you - we don't have that power (believe it or not). The important thing for you to do is to seek medical attention, it could save your life.

When I first started calling AA members I didn't know from Adam it was very nerve wracking to me - but a guy told me, "You had enough 8alls to waste your life on alochol but not enough to call somone?" That's all I needed to hear - point being, what people think of you should be the least of your concerns. I do feel your pain though, I've been there wishing for death and it just wouldn't come.

Please take care of yourself and know that we care.

Blessings,
PR
Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

BT the last thing you will find here is someone judging you because you can not detox on your own.

I went through medical detox and am very glad I did and I have never had any one here or in the rooms of AA say anything bad about me not detoxing on my own, people here and in AA know that self detoxing can result in death.

I sure as hell would not have tried it by myself and do not reccommend any one try it on their own without seeing a doctor first.

Alcohol is the only drug that the withdrawals can kill someone trying to detox with out medical help.

Please do not try and detox on your own, see a doctor or wait until you get into rehab, they have a full time staff of doctors and nurses that deal with folks detoxing all the time.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I need a 30 day program after I de-tox or it will be another medical bill that produced no result. I have been through this before so I should be okay. Its just so uncomfortable, to feel like this. I am sure it makes everyone who is already recovered remember symtoms like this, and thank god that your over it. Because this is no way to live life.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Big,
No one here is judging you; so please don't judge yourself. Many, many are physically unable to detox on their own. It's a fool's quest to do so. Although I did not need medical attention to detox, I didn't quit on my own...I reached out to Spirit and AA. Gypsy has given you some good advice here. And hey, when I first called the AA intergroup ..they asked me if I needed med's? I said no...so I don't know what they could do in that department. Don't whiteknuckle my friend. A trip to Emergency or a call to AA might get you where you need to be right now.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I always say I am probably my worst critic, because no one knows me completly except for me. I am getting so pissed at this computer because the keys are so sensitive and it is making it impossibe to type. Its a vaio laptop and the mouse pad clicks with the softest tap. Doesn't know that I am an alcoholic LOL.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by big trouble View Post
Doesn't know that I am an alcoholic LOL.
What a great sense of humour in your storm, my friend. Love it. I was incredibly mean to myself in the throes of my alcoholism; my worst enemy in fact. That's what I'm learning now..how to care for myself...how to give myself a break...how to love myself so I can love others. It's awesome. Previously, I had NO idea how to look after myself emotionally or physically... I'm getting there. Hope you do too...with your wit...you definitely have something very important to share in this lonely world.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think the one problem that I am having is being 25 and say that I will never drink again. Because depending on how long I live, that is a pretty big comitment. It makes it easier to tell myself that I don't have to do anything that I don't want to, I am doing what I choose to do. Even though deep inside I know that this is basically what I have to do. If I ever want to have an enjoyable life, family, future, etc. So I am hoping that at the rehab I will learn that life can be fun without having to always be high on something.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=big trouble;1249081]I think the one problem that I am having is being 25 and say that I will never drink again.

Makes it sound awfully big if you say "I will never drink again". I've tried saying "I will not drink today" and it works pretty well
Old 03-15-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by big trouble View Post
Please don't judge me because if I could stop on my own I would.
Hey Big Trouble... not judging you at all . I know it's hard to stop... I'm glad you're here with us. I'm worried for you if you're having withdrawals that you should be in the hospital in case it gets bad before it gets better. I understand why you might be scared though. Hugs .
Old 03-15-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That does feel better, because even saying one day at a time makes me start to think, "well that's alot of days if I even live to be 60". It may sound strange but it has helps me to think that I don't have to quit drinking forever (even though I know I do). It kind of gives me some vindication or controll in my mind.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

There is two little people in my mind, one looks like the little devil on my profile, and the other one looks the same, its just wearing a halo.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Professional Alcoholic

My answer to quitting drinking was to quit drinking no matter what. I've been through some heavy crap since I quit drinking and yet I stayed sober. Heart palpitations are irregular heatbeats. I've experienced them from time to time. They are definatly an eye opener. But at the time, I didn't care if I lived or died. No particular reason, just didn't care. Hopefully you'll get the care you need to make a full recovery. Join AA if you think that'll help you. It's not for everybody but for some it's a godsend. What's ailing you might be with you for a very long time. But it certainly wont get worse if you cease what is making you the way you are. Life without alcohol is way more better. I wish you the best......Walker
Old 03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I definetly want to stop. I am a very good at rationalizing my actions to make them seem ok. The funny thing is I am only doing it to myself because a lot of people wouldn't notice that I have a problem, it would never even occur to them. When I go out I am not that girl that gets drop down drunk and embarasses her self. Although it has happened a few times. But I have a very unnormal tolerance, not many girls my age can see the bottom of two 750ml bottles of smirnoff in one night. I spend so much money at the liquor store that they would probably be upset to loose me. To bad for them, I am sure there will be many more after me. I do not want to fail.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Walkertall I am sorry that you have been depressed. I at a lot of points don't really care if I live or die, the weird thing is I do care how die. It doesn't really make sense. I am so self consious that even in death I would be worried how people percieve me, especially if it was alcohol related.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am kind of curious what life has in store for me, so I guess I will have to stick around and find out.