Notices

Sick today this is not good

Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Big trouble,

I'm sorry you are feeling so down girl! As for judging,... we don't do that. Helping on the other hand,....

Not drinking,... it will not always be a walk in the park. But hey,... if it was that easy there wouldn't be any alcoholics in the world.

Big hug,

Philip
Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

BT hon I want you to know that you are helping me stay sober and for that I thank you.

You remind me of where I was, I remember waking up/coming to in the morning and looking in the mirror and seeing a man that I absolutely hated, he was the last thing I ever wanted to be, he was a damn drunk, his face was swollen, his eyes were so blood shot they looked as if he cried blood would run down his cheek, he was weak, useless and powerless.

In the rooms of AA I found people telling me that they would love me until I learned to love myself!

They were happy, joyous and free! They gave to me freely all the tools they had used to get and stay sober, they gave me freely the love I could not give myself, they gave me the same tools they had used to become happy, joyous and free.

You know all those tools I was given for free from the folks in AA were used and well worn, those tools had been used an awful lot and had been given freely for many years, they were the same tools that Bill W had given freely to Dr. Bob, they were the same tools that Bill W & Doctor Bob gave freely to so many other alcoholics who then passed them freely on down the line of alcoholics in AA.

Well now I have these tools in my hands, and I have found that in order to keep those tools in my hands I have to give them away, what is amazing is the more I give these tools away the more tools I wind up with!

Remember hon we love you and we are here for you, we are here to support and love you, not to judge you, if we judged you we would have to judge our selfs and the verdict would be guilty for this old drunk!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

big trouble, thinking beyond today is too tough for me. So everyday when thoughts come about next week, month or year I always say to myself "Just today, worry about today. You can worry about tomorrow, when it happens".

Good luck, you are already taking positive steps towards a bright future.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

BT, one of the things that has helped me stay sober, is looking at how I was before I went into detox. If I ever get an urge, I think of where I was before and realize I've gone to far to go back. Remember how you feel at this moment because it might help you on a bad or weak day. Please keep us posted and good luck!

By the way, in regards to your 3rd post. If anyone judges anyone for drinking too much (present or past tense), they don't belong here. This forum is for venting, supporting, and teaching. I consider this additional therapy at home.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I went to the store I felt more dangerous driving sober that trying to drive drunk. My foot was shaking on the gas pedal.
I used to go through that every morning on my way to the liquor store. If I would have been pulled over, I probably would have failed a field sobriety test.

Your withdraw symptoms sound pretty bad. I really recommend you get to a Doctor. Of, if you have an appointment in the future, just keep enough booze in you to stay away the withdraw (Yes, I said you should drink)

You are going to have to have a plan for after you get out. Just going through de-tox won't make you stop drinking. I highly suggest going to AA. That's what I did. If you've read any of my posts, you can see where I came from, and where I am today.

Good luck and God Bless.

Edit: I'm not a Doctor, this is not medical advice !

Last edited by GlassPrisoner; 03-16-2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: disclaimer
Old 03-17-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Professional Alcoholic

We all go through things in life that challenge our outcome. Drinking to excessiveness is ridiculous when you think about what you're actually doing. One must ponder why someone would pour a substance into their body knowing full well what the outcome will be. I don't drink because I'm an alcoholic. I still function socially and believe it not, I manage to party with the best of them. I just do it sober. Life is for real.......at least the sober person thinks so......Good luck.....And hey, don't drink....=)
Old 03-17-2007, 11:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Walker -

I hope to get to that place someday - right now, for me it's too heavy of a 'body memory' for me to get around any bar stuff.

just gonna rely on 'the promises' ... and not worry about it for now.