Notices

self-esteem

Old 02-23-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Kats,

thank you so much for your reply. I had decided not to post here again. I have confronted this guy before my relapse and it was okay for a while then he slowly started doing the same thing not to long after my relapse. I have only been back in meetings for 6 days and I am an emotional wreck right now. I cry daily, I struggle to hold on everyday and having to deal with this on a daily basis is a little more than I can handle. I am hurting and at first I thought I was feeling sorry for myself but I don't think that I am. Thanks for hearing me Kats.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Lifelong, I'm glad you posted.

Your situation is similar to one I was in a few years ago. Workplace bullying is a common thing, and is definitely grounds for dismissal.

I had a coworker(not my boss) that would go out of her way to make me look bad. SHe had targeted several people in our building that she didn't like. Also, she had selected several "pets" that she used to play against us. It was truly a disgusting method how she used lies and manipulation to harass us.

At that time, I was deeply addicted to alcohol, but somehow managed to stay around. Others were not so lucky, and quit their jobs, usually very crushed emotionally. I'm sure this situation sounds familiar.

The people who need to change are not us, but these bullies. What I did was talk to my employer(whom I greatly respect) and make her aware of what was happening. I documented every instance of abuse. I tried to accept that I was basically OK, and the bully was warped. Emotionally, I challenged myself to not let it bother me(easier said than done). I also recommended to coworkers to do the same.

With patience, it turned out well. I learned a few things along the way, and I'm pretty sure that I won't be a victim again.

Recovery is tough enough without having to deal with these idiots, but is so worth it. Our issues do not disappear instantly with sobriety, but they do disappear eventually. Extended sobriety has some pretty impressive benefits.

Good luck and keep well

Ron

Last edited by Mongo; 02-23-2007 at 05:44 AM. Reason: ooops
Old 02-23-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Lifelong,
Just give me the word and I'll punch his lights out for you.
Just kidding. Kat's right, Violence is not the answer, but when reading your post that was my initial reaction. This guy is obviously afraid - believe it or not - afraid. His insecurity is playing itself out on you. That stinks. We alcoholics have enough trouble dealing with the negative thoughts produced by our own minds without having to deal with the insecurity and childishness of others. Hang in there, pray for the guy, and before you go to the boss - is there a union rep or coworker that could intervene? Perhaps a really big coworker?
Mike in Boston

Last edited by mikel60; 02-23-2007 at 05:57 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-23-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Lifelong the more I think about this the more I think that there is no reason for you to even bother talking to this butt clown since you spoke to him once before, take it to your boss or HR.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thank you guys for all your advice. i will be speaking to my supervisor soon. i don't think that i can take much more of this. my head is still foggy, i have a hard time concentrating as it is and i don't need this from him. my supervisor is a pretty understanding man. thanks again guys, you have really been a great help. especially the ones of you that have actually been through this and know exactly what i'm going through. my supervisor won't be back until next week, i will let you know how it went.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Lifelong I luckily have not been through it, but I have put a stop to some of these losers. It is funny how chicken crap they are when they get put in thier place.

Bullies in reality are the biggest cowards that ever walked the earth resulting in them using bully tactics to try and convince them selfs they are not cowards.