Notices

I never knew...

Old 02-23-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I never knew...

that sober people can be fun In the past I used to treat them like booooring people and since now I am one of them I really enjoy the clear head and waking up blissfully fantastic next morning.

Last Saturday I went to a house party with my wife. I drank iced tea. I never enjoyed iced tea so much while some guests were guzzling down one glass of alcoholic drink another. At some point in the party I sat on a couch and observed my surroundings. It was interesting since I always drank like hell at the parties. It was a sight to watch

When I went home sober I once thank MY HP that I quit.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good for you, ay......it's great that you have such a good mindset.....

keep up that positive attitude...

hugs
ayla
Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good job ay, the only thing more fun now that I am sober then doing stuff with sober folks is doing stuff with sober alcoholics, we are already crazy, put us out in public doing stuff and it is real fun. I am like a kid now that I am sober!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I quit drinking 9 years ago and I can tell you that now I don't even really like events where people are drinking. Drunks usually think they're a lot more fun, interesting, and personable than they actually are
Old 02-23-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Still Faking It!

One of the best things about getting together with a bunch of non-drinking drunks is how truly funny the crap we did was now that we're sober! I was always funnier, prettier, a better dancer, etc. when I was wasted ... I think back on that now and LMAO!!! I think I laugh about all the stupid things I did because if I didn't I cry!!!

Di
Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

My wife who is a normal person still stratches her head over some of the things we find funny, who else but a sober alkie would find it funny someone telling about the time he came to in an upside down car covered in cow crap and not knowing how he got there, or waking up in the morning with a black eye and a broken nose and wondering why your wife is mad?