Notices

So hard to give up!!

Old 02-10-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. Your story of physical addiction to alcohol mirrors my own 2 and a half years ago. I'm glad you realize it is a problem, it most definitely is not normal and it will only continue to get worse if left unchecked and could very well end up killing you.

Now you are asking about buying Campral over the counter and valium over the internet. Sounds like you are trying to do this without a doctor's help which you have been told over and over again can be very dangerous. Why would you not seek help for you both from a qualified medical professional. Swallow that pride, get in there and be honest. Tell them about your drinking (tell them the truth!), the physical symptoms, and the other health concerns you have and that you need help to stop. Ask what they suggest for both you and your husband. Then determine that you are ready to stop living the insanity and do whatever you are instructed to do whether it is with prescriptions or a medically supervised detox.

I am one of those that detoxed at home and I can tell you it was awful. I had no idea at the time how dangerous is was and it wasn't until coming on here at a year sober that I found out. Thank God I had my mom with me the whole time who could have stepped in and called 911 if I needed it. If I had it to do all over again I would have sought medical help and probably would have had an easier time of it.

Anyways I am glad to see you posting on here. I look forward to hearing what you decide.

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jacknscoob View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your replies. Thanks for taking the time.

Yes I realise that we have a problem and I think a docs check-up will be in order.

I have read somewhere that whilst coming off the booze that valium can help whilst u detox... is this helpful?

Does anyone know where u can buy it on the net?

Also, we do not need to work as we have independent incomes from properties we own overseas.

Thanks again for your support.

Jacknscoob
Jacknscoob,....You've gotten some good advice here. Anyone who has found some sort of recovery, as well as any Doctor,...will tell you that using unprescribed drugs to quit drinking is just substituting one addiction for another. Would you use alcohol to help you get off valiums? Sounds ridiculous the other way around, doesnt it? Go to the Doctor. Why are you afraid of telling someone who doesnt even know you and is in the business of dealing with issues like this everyday,...yet, you, during the course of your drinking, had no problem with drinking alcoholically in front of loved ones? Doctors dont judge or condemn. They actually hold truthful addicts who are seeking recovery to a high esteem and respect for making the brave choice of finding sobriety. Its your life. You will lose it if you continue and will possibly lose it if you try this on your own. Is that worth it? Isnt your life and "not dying" worth swallowing some pride and getting better???? Using drugs to get off booze is foolish and nothing more than just that,.....still using. You need professional help. Lets say that you somehow were fortunate enough to 'get through' the detox period on your own? Now what? Your lifestyle is still with you. Your reasons that you drink are still present. You havent dealt with any of that. You will drink again. And then go through this all over again,..........if you survive. And after the "detox".....what??....you wouldnt go to a doctor to see what kind of damage your drinking has done to your body? Theres no telling what it has destroyed or damaged.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Smile hey Jknsb

Under a doctors care is where you ough't to be. A doctor will prescribe something like LIBRIUM which will help you through the withdrawl period ,then taper you off them. A week or two total is all you need, then both of your recoveries can satrt with somewhat clear heads.

The more I put off going to the doc. (which wasn't easy, he is a family friend) the more my disease progressed. I probably saved my life because of a 15 min. appointment....... Plus without insurance the LIB's are affordable..

Work Hard and Enjoy The Rewards....NED
Old 02-10-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When I was in detox, I was given Librium, which is pretty much the same as Valium. No, you can't buy this over the internet because it is very addictive as well. When I was in detox and didn't have my drink, I was loving the Librium. If I didn't have my doses carefully watched I would probably have gone through about 20...30 pills, who knows. If I did it by myself, maybe I would have 30 pills, and maybe 12 beers to chase them. I'm so glad I went to detox. Don't be scared of it. I was there for only 4 days, not 30 days or 6 months. Get through detox supervision, subscribe to Campral, go to AA, and you and your husband figure out new things to do. See a movie, go to the gym together, look at this as a way to get to know one another better. I know when I was drunk, the drink was more important than my spouse. I can't emphasize enough for you both to do the right thing and seek professional help!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Only your doctor can suggest how to safely plam
for your de toxing/withdrawal.

Please do not take anyone's medical advice here.
Too many varibles and none of us are qualified.

This link is interesting if you are looking
for answers

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

Be safe...see your doctor..quit drinking.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Question Me again...

Hi guys n gals

What is the difference between Librium & Valium? Can you get addicted to librium?

And in people's experinence's if you see a doc, are they ok at prescribing it? Librium that is.

Also, what is Campral?

Have a good day.

Jacknscoob
Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Please ask your doctor these medical questions.
You can also Google.

We are here to help others find recovery
from alcoholism...
not to give medical/drug advice.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

When we joined SR all members agreeded to follow
our SR Policy Rules & Regs.

Here is a direct quote fromm that Forum
to refresh everyones memory

Please do not give medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2007, 04:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

jacknscoob as Carol has suggested I highly back up, the both of you need to see a doctor, if you all are drinking at the rate you say you are and with the syptoms you describe you are both going to wind up watching each other die a slow and painful death.

Please see a doctor.