Notices

life is so good

Old 12-28-2006, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life is so good

hello all hope this thread finds u all in good spirit and good health. well its 1 whole month 2 day since i last drank and i feel fantastic lol life is so great at the momment ha!!!! my girls love there new sober daddy which is fantasticcccccccccccccccccccccccccc even my ex wife is civil 2 me on the phone lol my family adore me again my 82 yr old gran was in tears christmas day thankin me. plus lol 1 other ting lol i got a date 2nite wiv the hottest girl in town lolololol ive been wanting her 4 yrs lol and she finally said yes 2 the new sober hilly lololoolololololol life is just tickerty boo ha!!!!!!!!!! thanx 2 u all i cudnt have made it this short time wiv out u guys all the very best

mick
Old 12-28-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mick I have 101 days and it just keeps getting better every day, I had the best Christmas I have had in 30 years, my 3 oldest kids thanked me for my being sober, they told me it was the best gift I could have given them. I have the love and respect again of all my family and more importantly I respect and like myself! All of this due to simply following directions via AA.

Do not get me wrong, there are still problems that crop up in my life, but what used to be a mountain that was meant to be ignored as I drank, it is now a mole hill which I deal with easily being sober and the problem goes away because I did not run away.

Mick it does my heart good to know you are doing well, keep at it!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

30 Days! Great!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Smile

[QUOTE=my girls love there new sober daddy[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. My son is four and all he know was a drunken father. When I got out of treatment in October and went home, it was like a became his new best friend. It is such a good feeling to be able to bond and fun with my son.

By the way, I am sober 105 days.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Booyakasha mick . Great about your kids, family, gran, ex and especially your new hottie .
Old 12-29-2006, 06:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Huge congrats Mick. Hope that date went well!!!! I'm on my 19th day sober and it really is awesome. My first reward was the return of "hope" for my future...I had lost all hope and could find no reason to continue an existence of apathy and/or misery. It's a brand new world I'm glad to be sharing with you!
Bright shiny blessings to you and yours,
Tracey
Old 01-01-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

happy new year

hello all and a very happy new yr 2 u all hope this finds every1 well and above all still sober. well is 23.22pm here and ive had a great (all be it a little quiet) christmas and new year but thats just what i needed and wanted. life justseems 2 be gettin better everyday which really keeps me focused and strong,when i read sum of the posts on here and read how ppl r struggleing to cope and how bad there craveings are i count myself as a very lucky human being yes ive had a couple but nothing major that i cudnt handle. im still on the trazodones which really help me in sum way they seem 2 calm me in a way ive never know somehow change mywhole outlook on life which is fantastic. ive even spoke face 2 face wiv my ex wife and was able 2 walk away frm her and my kids and not go on a 3 week bender to drown my sorrows about what i threw away its only been a month 4 me but i rates up there wiv the greatestmonths of my life ie: gettin married and the birth of my 2 girls and even my beloved manchester united winning the treble lololol(joke) but serously life is great and i know i shud have posted more over the hollidays but i just been havein a great time and liveing my life how it shud be lived anyway if there is anybody who reads this who is frm las vegas watch out.......... ima comein soon lol to watch the "hitman" fight lol 17th jan im there lol anyway god bless take care

love and best wishes 2 u all

mick
Old 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hey mick, great to hear you are doing so well and feel so greatttttttttt.
You sound like you woulld be very fun and upbeat to be around LOL.
How long have you been on the trazodones?
Have you ever tried to quit drinking with out trazodones, and if yes how much difference did you notice in the cravings?

LOL, congrats and all that jazz, lol hope3. P.S. How did your date go?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

HAPPY SOBER NEW YEAR Mick! I slept through my first sober New Years in probably 30 years or more, woke up New Years morning and like you felt great!!! 107 days for me now and every day is better then the one before.

Mick it is marvelous being sober isn't it?

Congrats Mick.

BTW how was the date? LOL
Old 01-06-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hey all

hello frm accross the pond guys how we all doin. its day 34 now and all well lol. how is every1 anyway?? sorry ive not been posting very much i been kinda busy on the golf swing hahaha.i can belive how well i feel in general its a miracle really ps tazman the date went kinda well lol still unsure bout next time tho lol dont want it 2 get in my way of sobriety plus i wanna travel alot this yr

mick
Old 01-06-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
one day at a time

Hi Mick,

Glad to hear things are going so well for you You sound very positive. And you have good things planned for the year too!
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

mthhilly
you sound much better !
attaboy !
Old 01-06-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome and happy New Year MtHilly. Hope things keep getting better.

Peace, Levi
Old 01-06-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Job Mick!

Your story is an inspiration to all of us. Keep up the good work!
chip
Old 01-07-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hi guys

hello all.hope this finds u all well as allways. well how do i begin to tell u my story the dreaded story of my ex wife.let me start from the beginig.it go"s somthing like this:: our parents have been friends for over 40 yrs but jill and i have known eachother about 20 really. we got together in 1990 when i was 17 she was 19 she was the most gorgoues thing i ever layed my eyes on i was smitten straight away and after much trying she finally agreed 2 date me. we was brilliant together,solid,a unit we was very very much in love we married in 1998 and it was 1 of the proudest and happyest moments of my life.all was well untill the mid of 99 when after 3 misscaridges she finally fell pregnant again.i was working away frm home alot and also my father was very ill at the same time. it was amongst the worst periods in my life.i felt helpless and hopeless that i couldnt be there 2 help and in a way i crept into my shell and tryed 2 hide from it all maybe hopeing it would pass. then in may of 2000 when my beautifull baby girl was born and i shud have been the proudest man alive i continued 2 be in that shell and continued to drink away that previous pain. we sorta bumbled along the next 18mnts me still drinking her still moaning. then she fell pregnant again. i sorta knew the alcohol had got me by then this was late 2001 but as all good alcoholic i denied it with all id got.well bethany was born and yet again instead of being the dutyfull father i just drank at every oppotunity which caused row after row naturaly. then after a massive binge in 2003 she asked me 2 leave. i begged and begged her to take me back and even up till the day the divorce papers landed through my door i still belived we wud be together again. how rong was i.that was nearly 4yrs ago now and i still love thatwoman more than anything in this world.after all the rows all the times she stoped me seeing the girls (my own fault 4 being drunk) i still cant get her out my mind and out my heart. i never once in all the time i was drinking ever lose that love 4 her and my kids. not even when i was with any of the many women that have *** and gone since jill. and just 2day after 5weeks without a drink and no desire to ever drink again i tryes yet again 2 tell her how i feel but to no avail sadly. my heart will allways belong to her untill sum1 else makes it feel otherwise. i feel really down bout this.BUT and this is the thing that makes me really proud of myself i havent ran to the nearest beer shop and got wasted i sat down and thought about it and came to this conclusion "if its meant 2 be it will be" if not life go"s on and i want my life to go on without alcoholl just needed 2 get that of my chest sorry

love and best wishes mick
Old 01-07-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs Mick...
it's grand to see your and Jill's love story.

And who knows what the futurer will bring?
We have no crystal balls

I too am proud that you did not drink today~~

Blessings to the 4 of you
Old 01-07-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mthhilly View Post
hello all.hope this finds u all well as allways. well how do i begin to tell u my story the dreaded story of my ex wife.let me start from the beginig.it go"s somthing like this:: our parents have been friends for over 40 yrs but jill and i have known eachother about 20 really. we got together in 1990 when i was 17 she was 19 she was the most gorgoues thing i ever layed my eyes on i was smitten straight away and after much trying she finally agreed 2 date me. we was brilliant together,solid,a unit we was very very much in love we married in 1998 and it was 1 of the proudest and happyest moments of my life.all was well untill the mid of 99 when after 3 misscaridges she finally fell pregnant again.i was working away frm home alot and also my father was very ill at the same time. it was amongst the worst periods in my life.i felt helpless and hopeless that i couldnt be there 2 help and in a way i crept into my shell and tryed 2 hide from it all maybe hopeing it would pass. then in may of 2000 when my beautifull baby girl was born and i shud have been the proudest man alive i continued 2 be in that shell and continued to drink away that previous pain. we sorta bumbled along the next 18mnts me still drinking her still moaning. then she fell pregnant again. i sorta knew the alcohol had got me by then this was late 2001 but as all good alcoholic i denied it with all id got.well bethany was born and yet again instead of being the dutyfull father i just drank at every oppotunity which caused row after row naturaly. then after a massive binge in 2003 she asked me 2 leave. i begged and begged her to take me back and even up till the day the divorce papers landed through my door i still belived we wud be together again. how rong was i.that was nearly 4yrs ago now and i still love thatwoman more than anything in this world.after all the rows all the times she stoped me seeing the girls (my own fault 4 being drunk) i still cant get her out my mind and out my heart. i never once in all the time i was drinking ever lose that love 4 her and my kids. not even when i was with any of the many women that have *** and gone since jill. and just 2day after 5weeks without a drink and no desire to ever drink again i tryes yet again 2 tell her how i feel but to no avail sadly. my heart will allways belong to her untill sum1 else makes it feel otherwise. i feel really down bout this.BUT and this is the thing that makes me really proud of myself i havent ran to the nearest beer shop and got wasted i sat down and thought about it and came to this conclusion "if its meant 2 be it will be" if not life go"s on and i want my life to go on without alcoholl just needed 2 get that of my chest sorry

love and best wishes mick
Mick,

Here is what I hope is the case (in the past and for your future).

a) Jill fell in love with Sober Mick.

b) Jill fell out of love with drunk Mick.

c) Jill finds it hard to believe that Drunk Mick will ever go back to being Sober Mick long term.

d) Sober Mick will stay Sober Mick.

e) She might realise she never fell out with Sober Mick?

Good luck.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think GettinSober (above) is right!
Old 01-07-2007, 03:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

thanx lads

hello there lads and thanx 4 that but i do honestly think its a case or a doller 2 little a day 2 late. just gonna try and forget about it all now. aslongas im sober thats all that matters lol. i never got sober 4 her so why shud i start drinkin again thats just suicide. maybe i shud try harder wiv the woman i have that loves me 2 bits but sum unknown reason it just dont feel rite

mick
Old 01-08-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks for sharing mick. Things will be right with the right one when it's right... if that makes any sense. Anyway, it's nice to read that you're still on track .