Notices

life is so good

Old 01-08-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mick just stay sober and what will be will be. The right lady will come along, the main thing is to stay sober which you are doing well on.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Keep going Mick. I to was married to my exhusband for 23 years. I know he still loves me. We have been divoriced for 14 years and I have remarried. He has not and still is struggling with his alcoholism, five treatment centre, and is not presently back in detox again. Just before he went in he called me 1 - 3 times a day asking me to marry him. All I can say to you is stay sober for yourself #1 and try to keep the lines of communication open with your wife.
See your girls and spend quality time with them. When you say you will do something DO IT. Don't blame, manipulate, be truthful, stay on your path to recovery and your wife is watching. The trust has been broken, it takes time and patience to mend. Good Luck. My ex husband & I are still friends and I truly only want the best for him.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ambw you have nailed it, more sober alcoholics have picked up again by dwelling on the past rather then living in the day and learning from the past.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thanx guys

hello all; thanks for all the advice. i think yesterday i was haveing a miserable dry drunk day lololol. i dont know maybe im just 2 impatiant at times or mabye i just need 2 put the past behind me once and for all. all i do no is that jill and my girls ocupy my thoughts 90% of the time. i gotta see my counciler soon maybe she can help me 2 put it all behind me and move on.god knows i need 2 lol.i know this is not a relationship forum lol but thank 4 the advice. im just gonna sit tight, keep doin what im doin, keep sober and see what happens lol. i mean what women could possibly resist me lolololoolool (jokE) i have realised something as ive looked back over my reasonbly short time alive and thats it is one hell of a ride lol and long may it continue sober

mick
Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mick your past is part of your future, I choose to never forget my past but to forgive myself for my wrongs, correct them where possible and learn from them to keep myself from repeating what I have done in the past. I also share my past to where others who are seeking sobriety and happiness can know where I came from.

I choose to not let my past haunt me, that would increase the probability of me picking up.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thanks taz and hi mate

thanx taz mate hope tis finds u well,u certainly sound it. i understand fully what u are saying my friend.that we should learn by our mistakes and try not to do them again. and in 99% of things i can. maybe this just prob wiv my ex wife just needs a little more effort lol.i look back on the things ive done in my life while drinking and cringe the things like makein a fool or myself, the wrong ppl i associated wiv,the bad work practise i kept, how i treated my family etc etc etc the list is endless.and i think 2 myself "right micky boy its time for a change" take stock of the things u did and never do them again.which i can honestly say ill stick to. ive changed everything i can in my life what was wrong. the job, the lifestyle,the bad influences,etc. ive sterted eating well, excersising, and above all ive started 2 face my problems and issues head on like a man and not some wimp that hides in a pint glass.BUT the 1 issure i cant or havent let go off yet is my love 4 jill and thats the crippler. but as ever ill keep on trying as im sure that when that wanting has gone my life will be fantastic

best wishes man

mick
Old 01-10-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hope3

I ditto what taz said, the past does help to make us what we are today.

LOL, are you part of your girls life? LOL you'll be fine, the new and improved sober mick.......
Old 01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

yo yo

hello all my sober friends and how r we all???? not posted 4 a while now but still been reading alittle lol am still sober its been 47 days since i have sinned lolololol still kickin ass and goin great guns. tend 2 get a little board frm time 2 times lol maybe i should get my lazy ass bk 2 work ha!!!!!!! had a gd rest and recoup and now im ready 2 be let loose on society again lolol thats if it ever stops raining ha!!!!!!! anyway hope ur all ok???????? god bless america hahaha ill see u soon. oh and cheer my boy ricky hatton on saturday nite. he is the boy!!!!!!!!! he gonna kick ass lololoololol

all the best mick
Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good to see you Mick. I wondered if you had given up on sobriety so I'm pleased you're still trucking mate. Forty Seven days eh? That's some effort for a first go at cutting back. Well done.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hey Mick, great to see ya . 47 days is excellent. I have 65 days alcohol free myself. Things are looking up with me and my pesky problem sometimes referred to as my husband LOL. He's been behaving for the most part. I'm glad you popped in with an update.

GO RICKY !!!

I have no idea who he is... but there's your cheerleading from me.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

lol gypsy

hi gypsy glad ur ok 65 days wowwwwwwwwww thats gr8 babe. ur beating me tho lol i hope 1 thing tho.that i never overtake u coz that wud mean 1 of 2 things lol ur A: dead lol (joke) or B uve given up lol and none of us want that sweeteart xxx

and ricky hatton is a boxer babes frm manchester uk ( pitty he a city fan lol)

hi gs how u doin bro???? still hangin in there???
Old 01-18-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Conrats to all of you. Mick, Tazman, and Gypsy (Hope I didnt miss anybody in here) on your milestones. Good work.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mthhilly View Post

hi gs how u doin bro???? still hangin in there???
Yes mate. I'm just about to enter day 17. Nothing compared to your paltry effort but it's a decent start. I was toying with the idea of having the odd blow out a few days back but at the moment my desire to drink has totally disappeared? Weird.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

hello guys

hi guys just checkin in lol im still goin stron 59 days now lololololol hope all is well???? any1 seen gettinsober????

best wishes as allways mick
Old 01-31-2007, 01:27 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

As a newby sober I congratulate you on your 59th day:9 In short period of my sobriety I can feel the happiness you're feeling right now. Good luck. We rae trailing behind

Sobriety Rocks!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats to all of you on your time, keep it up, the longer I have been sober the better life has gotten as I am sure you all know.