Notices

4 days and kickin ass

Old 12-07-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days and kickin ass

hi all 4 days on and still feel abit shakey and tierd but ok been back 2 work today told all work mates the score and whats going 2 happen from now and 2 my amazement they were all fantastic and wished me luck. i allso have a very good friend who himself has been 2yrs sober he is being very suportive. i feel really posotive and hungry 2 do this. still fancy a beer but i know it will pass. im really gonna kick this in the ass hope every1 ok
Old 12-07-2006, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 4 here too Mthhilly. I'm not too far from you in the UK either. Keep going.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job! It's fun for us Yanks to read your posts! How you "fancy a beer" and whatnot. LOL
I'm on day 23 myself and I still "fancy" drinking a few beers but I haven't given in and do not plan on doing so. You can do this! Hang around here and keep talking to us.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi there

thanx 4 the suport. where u frm in uk my friend ? and 2 my yank friend hi and thank u does it get easyer?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

for your progress!

The more you practice sobriety
the easier it becomes!

Keep in focus..
Old 12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i am very focused carol thank u i have a great family behind me and im quite strong in mind x
Old 12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Mthhilly, I'm into my 3rd week and I do believe it is getting easier. It's nice that you have your family for support. I'm sure that helps keep you focused.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congarts boys (or girls) on your new sober life style from your neibour to the north and speaking of which am I the only Canadian on the site............ eh?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

king

thanks mate and no i doubt it very much ur the only canadian on here lol ps beautifull country i hope 2 go there 1 day maybe ill make it my goal 4 gettin sober
Old 12-07-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

gypsy tears

thank u for ur kind words i take great heart in knowing it will get easyer well done on the 3 weeks keep it up and hang in there
Old 12-07-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats and keep it up!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks mate . been 2 cali laods it rocks lol
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sure Derbyshire is gorgeous, too. You'll see more beauty in things as time goes by. In the past few weeks, even the middle of the USA in wintertime has gotten prettier. LOL

Yes, I have found that as the days go by, it does indeed get easier. I don't think of booze as much as I used to. I just wake up and promise myself that today will be a sober day.

You can do this, my friend. Take it slow, read some of the old threads on here and you'll see the footprints of many others who have been down this path before us. I see so much of myself in what I read here and it helps to know that if they made it through, SO CAN WE!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats to every one of you no matter the number of days, with me I am on day 81 right now, it does get easier but I have heard it many times that even after years of sobriety some folks still get the urge from out of the blue every once in a while, I remain ever vigilante against that urge by listening to those who have relapsed and those with many years of sobriety under their belts, they have been where I am at, they have more power then I do at this point in time.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hey mthhilly... how's day 5 going for you ?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hey gypsy how u doin???? i feel ok thanx a little down but ok lol hope u doin ok and still hangin in there x
Old 12-08-2006, 11:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Yeah... I'm hanging in. Thanks . I'm sorry you're feeling down. Sometimes posting about it helps get it out there and off your mind. It does for me anyway.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

day 6 lol

day 6 and still going great just starting 2 feel the benifits physicaly a little now which is great even went the pub earlier 2 watch the soccer with my brother drank juice and never even thought about haveing a beer feel lot clearer in my mind and very possotive 2day last nite after work was very strange coz that was allways my fave time fridays after a weeks work 2 go straight 2 the local pub and thats where it all started 4 the weekend but hey it wasnt 2 bad i sat on the web all nite and actually put sum knowledge into my skull lol hope every1 is ok and still keepin up the gd work all the very best best wishes mick
Old 12-09-2006, 09:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Cingrads to all. thanks for posting, it hepls me. Hello from Maine
Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

7 days and still kickin that ass

well guys its 7 days lol its been emotional but ive cracked it lol feel very proud of myself and i know the people and family around me are which is great feel actually quite jolly 2day lol dont know why lol but hey i gotta keep my soh havent i .hope this post finds all of u well and in gd spirit thank u all very much at sr it has helped me so much and long may it continue. actually went 2 a pub again 2 meet a very good friend of mine who has been thru the same thing and is now 2yrs dry and will never drink again it was awsume 2 see him he has helped me so much thru this very hard week and 4 that ill be eternally greatfull . i dont know if this will help anybody else but i find music helps alot but hey that cud just be me lol anyway ill post bk 2moz take care all

the new and very improved
mick