Notices

4 days and kickin ass

Old 12-10-2006, 10:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great news, all!

I like reading positive threads like this

King, you're not the only Tim Horton's patron here. There's lots of us, eh.

Keep well

Ron
Old 12-10-2006, 11:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

On day four today myself. Just joined the forum today. So I'm right behind ya mthhilly! Gonna hang in there for today. It has been good reading your posts. Good Luck to you...

Hi from Lake Tahoe, CA

Last edited by mtnmagic; 12-10-2006 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added text.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey King!!

You aren't alone my friend!!! I am Canadian!!!

LL2
Old 12-11-2006, 05:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats to you all. I am on day 84 myself, life is truly beautiful, I have almost got my 90X90 completed, actually I probably already have the 90 done ahead of schedule, I have made so many new sober friends it is amazing.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

PS I am married to a Canadian!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

8 days

well guys its 8 days and im still kickin ass lol still no sleep patern tho at the momment which is bad coz im shattered but i know itll *** back soon. i feel ok apart from this lousy cold ive got lol hope this post finds every1 well and still sober lol (if im doin it all u lot are lol) anyway take very good care

the new and very improved
mick
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

mick hang in there, some improvements come quickly and some slowly, but they all are erased and we are back to square one if we pick up. For the cold keep up vitamins and drink plenty of water, rest/sleep when you can.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

tazman

thanx mate im ok am drinking and eating well just cant sleep at gp again in the morning hows u
Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi to the new and very improved mick .

Take care of your cold... you'll be feeling even more improved before you know it. Eight days is twice as far along as your first post. Way to go!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mick I hate sounding like a broken record, but at 84 days I am doing great, with time it does nothing but get better. That is not to say that you will not have trying days, you will, but facing problems sober is so much easier and the problems are less severe and farther apart the longer one is sober.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

thanx gypsy and tazman

just takein it 1 day at a time and apart frm this cold i feel fine lol glad u 2 r well. wish i was at 81 days but i know i have 2 walk b4 i can run

mick
Old 12-11-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mick I have a long way to go..... funny thing, but the longer I am sober the more I become aware by listening to those who have relapsed how important it is I continue to attend meetings, work the steps, and keep in touch with my sponsor and network.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

tazman

i attend my first AA meeting on wednesday evening i dont know what 2 expect i only know what ive read on here i dont know if the uk programe is the same as in the uk but what i do know is that im going with an open mind becouse i know i cant beat this alone i have all the love and support of my family and friends around me but its also gd to get advice from a third party that i do know. sum of my friends have said " u dont need AA" like its something to be ashamed of but im not ashamed of it at all i didnt ask 2 be an alcoholic nor do i want 2 be but...... i am and thats it and i dont really care what these ppl think of me becouse i know when i beat this i can hold my head up high and say im a better person than u becouse i got my ass in gear and did summat about it

mick
Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
one day at a time

Hi Mick - Lucy here. Sorry we didn't get to chat on the phone (but do call if you fancy a chat!). It's great you're going to a meeting tomorrow night. Let me know what you think of it? I've got friends in AA who've done meetings in the US or even got sober there, as well as the UK and they said they're all very similar so try not to worry. I do remember I was bricking it though before my first meeting. I'll be thinking of you
Old 12-12-2006, 01:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Mick,

I'm not far from you. If you ever fancy a coffee somewhere for a chat then that'd be no problem. I looked at venues for AA meetings years ago when I set out but never went to one.

You're doing well.

Deg.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mick glad to hear you are keeping an open mind, show up at the meeting a little early, that will give you a chance to meet and talk with some folks before the meeting. Every meeting and every group is different, a lot of groups will ask if there is a person new to AA in the meeting, introduce yourself by your first name only. Many times the entire meeting will be geared to a new comer to where you will get a bit of an understanding of what is going on.

Some meetings can be on a topic that may not make a lot of sense to someone who has never been to a meeting before, arrange a little time to chat after the meeting also, many times folks will want to welcome a new comer one on one after the meeting. BTW ask one of the guys what this sponsor thing is about.

BTW you will find (I think) that there will be terms used you have never heard before like:

went out = someone who started drinking again.
came in = someone who came back or into AA.
Pink Cloud = Sober euphoria.
Sponsor = An individual guide to AA and the steps.
Pigeon = Sponsee
Network = A group of fellow AA folks you can call on when needed.
The rooms = AA meetings
Different areas have different terms so do not hesitate to ask questions.

One important thing to remember is once you enter the meeting you will be very happy to learn you are not alone and to find there are folks with every length of sobreity you can imagine.

Many people share what they were like while they were drinking, how they got sober and what they are like now sober.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

hi guys

hi all how we all doin 2day
well its day nine lol and still going strong and have no desire 2 drink at all thanks 4 all the replys it truely means alot and its daft really when u think about it becouse none of us have ever met in person but we all going thru the same **** lol but its so great 2 know whaen i finish work that i can log on to sr and read all the treds and posts and replys. its so strange becouse instead of me wanting to go to the pub which was my normall activity i cant wait to sign on to sr lol got 2 go 2 court 2morow to be sentenced for my second drink drive offence in 4 yrs (got 3 yr ban first time had it bk 1 year ) so not really looking forward to that but itll be ok i did the crime so i must take the punishment. then 2morow nite at 7.30 i got my very first AAmeeting of which i have mixed feeling about but as ive said ill go wiv an open mind about it and see if it suits. deg id love 2 meet 4 a coffee mate thanx where u at dude??? tazman ur a rock my friend i wish u all the very best in ur recovery and lucy thank u babe ill call if i need u i been very busy at work tryin 2 tie ends up b4 chrimbo anyway thats me 2day lol gd luck all

the new and improved mick
Old 12-12-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

glad to hear all is ok with you mth....I'm still right behind ya. Have a great night.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

but itll be ok i did the crime so i must take the punishment
With an attitude like that you'll be fine !

Give AA a chanve. Sometimes you feel like you fit right in on the first meeting, sometimes it takes a few......
Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I was just searching for a post from you last night Mick and couldn't find one, so I am pleased to see you're still going strong.

We're both on day 10 mate - let's try and get through this together. Anyway - there is no way I'm letting a Man Utd supporter get the better of me!