Random Questions

Old 06-16-2003, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Random Questions

Hey--
I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share a little more about yourselves.
Not really serious things, but the little things that make you who you are. I want to know your likes and dislikes, what you do to escape or relax, your most embarassing moment, and something that you love about yourself.
My goal with this is to maybe get our focus onto ourselves in a positive way, by focusing on positive things(except maybe your most embarassing moment).
Hopefully we can all get a few laughs and a little stress relief.
I will start:
I love corvettes, especially classics (I own a 1972), I love flowers and chocolate and coffee and unique teas. I love to write and to read. I love country music and Harley V-rods.
I hate cleaning and laundry. I hate alcohol. I hate getting up early. I don't like the color orange. I do not bugs.
My escapes are long bubble baths, a good cup of tea, a good book, and music.
My embarassing moment: I was at virginia beach this past week and I was walking along talking to my sister and I tripped and almost fell right into a group of guys behind me who proceeded to tease me relentlessly about my clumsiness. That might not be the most embarassing, but it is all I could think of.
What I love aobut myself is...I have this little curl in the center of my forehead. It makes me look kinda young, but still makes me smile.
Love you all
--Ångel
Old 06-16-2003, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Ok Angel, I'll bite.

I love to read and love to be in or near the water. I love to decorate, interior design-type decorating, but it takes me a while to get a "vision" so I could never do it quick enough to get paid for it! . I love sporty cars and I love romance. Hmmm, do they go together?

I'm a big-time procrastinator, I'm pretty neat but don't clean as often as I should, I'm a picky eater, I hate bugs, I hate crowds, I'm claustrophobic, and I just don't understand why people can't get along - I hate conflict.

My most embarassing moment - I honestly don't know. I have a tendency to repress bad memories, so that's probably why I don't remember any....

What I love about myself is that I'm a good person with a great heart and I'll go out of my way to make someone's day if I can.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Angel,

this sounds like a nice idea! I love getting to know everyone better (and I get to talk about what I love).

I love to be around nature, especially in mountains and forests. I love the silence of being out in a boat on a nice calm day fishing. I love reading a fantasy novel especially anything with Arthur, Camelot and Merlin involved. I love gardens and farms with lots of animals.

I hate conflict too, I can't see the benefits. I hate big crowds, peak-hour traffic (all that conflict...ugh!), what money and power can do to people. Or maybe what people can do to money and power?

My most embarassing moment was walking along a huge busy road in peak-hour traffic with a big split all the way up the back of my skirt and my worst daggy, baggy purple undies showing to the world. A bus driver pulled over to tell me but I said "oh, it's supposed to be like that" lol it was a split skirt, but it was worse than I thought. :o

What I love about myself is that I'm caring and considerate (though it's a bit new to me and I don't always show it!) and want peace and happiness for everyone.

Amy
Old 06-16-2003, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

This is a really good thread! Gets my mind of all the trouble it's trying to get into!
What I Love: Books, mountains, desert scenery, cats, helping people in pain feel better, the elderly, travelling
What I Hate: rudeness, clutter, drugs and alcohol, greed, disrespect
What I do to Escape: fantasize about running away somewhere magical, sometimes write about it in my journal, lots of writing and reading of just about anything and everything, used to erxercise to escape(working on it again!)
Most embarrassing Moment: Oh boy!:p Went down a few houses one night to drink with my friend and about 3am I came home and the thought occurred to me that I oughta wake my hubby up and have a litttle fun-kinda get back at him for waking me up early so many times for you know what! Well, I acted on that thought and gave myself a big ole black eye on the headboard. I got up the next morning unawares of the bruise and went back down to my friends house to retrieve something and she come unglued thinking my husband had hit me. had a DR appt the next week, the Dr saw my eye and asked me if that was eyeshadow! Well, I didn't know abused women said they just walked into a doorframe, and that is what I told him!! OMG...
What I love about myself: I am very caring and compassionate and sometimes a pretty good writer.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok, Ångel:

Here goes--I love wonderful scents, anything Victorian, reading, writing, carousels, matching dishes (and setting a beautiful table), entertaining, eating whatever I please (especially chocolate), coffees, cappacinos, teas, peace in my home, quiet drives, walking through old cemeteries, watching chick flicks, painting, and anything crafty.

I hate cooking when I'm forced to (or anything I'm forced to do), heavy work, exercizing, dieting, alcohol, being belittled, people that look down on others.

My escapes are when I'm by myself, and I "create" in my mind my next book (or the one I'm working on), reading anything, and walking through cemeteries, or shopping by myself.

My most embarrassing moment--can't think of a single thing--so I must not have done anything too bad

Love this thread, Ångel!

Hugs,
Lyn (mom)
Old 06-16-2003, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hey this is cool!!

Ok..I love Jasmin (as in bubble bath and candles) I love to read anything. I often have more than one book going at a time. I love being outdoors in the Ill. summers and fall. Oh..I love a northern Fall. I love my dog.

I hate...conflict of any kind, disrespect. Don't even go there with disrespect!!

I like to decorate, shop on the cheap, sew, did I say decorate and shop? I have to make myself restock my wardrobe...it is ALL about my environment!

To relax I take a bath, sit in my yard and watch the sunset, climb in bed and read...and come here!

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-16-2003, 09:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Angel I received your e-mail and I will write you back tomorrow...
Ok the things I love are ~ painting, sunntanning, decorating my room until it is ultimate comfortness, drink tea, talk one on one, paint my toe nails & work out...
things I dislike~Uncomfortable enviroments, fake people, speaking up in a big crowd, making decisions, talking on the phone, rules, the smell of popcorn, & thinking too much!
What I love most about myself~ I love that I am very philosophical, I love that Iam a tendsetter, and I love that I am of Iroquios decent so I have a different look to me...

That felt kind of good!!!!Kell
Old 06-30-2003, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey guys,
It was so refreshing to read a little about all of you! Things that you wrote remind me of more things that I love and, alas, more things that I hate.
I love you guys so much. Sometimes all it takes to smile is looking at the little things, so keep smiling!
Love you,
--Ångel
Old 07-08-2003, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey everyone! I am very new to this entire site, so I just thought I would jump right in! Hope you don't mind!!!

Ok, well, I am a 23 y/o math teacher and I absolutely LOVE my job. I love the kids and the subject and everything to do with it. I am also madly in love with my husband. He is my best friend and confidant and I don't know what I would do without him.

Likes.....HUGE fan of Ben Folds. Gotta love a guy who can rock out on the piano like him!!!

Dislikes....people who complain and don't do anything to change the situation. People who answer ringing cell phones in restaurants!! ACK!

Most embarassing moment....hmmm...well most recent one I guess would be when I fell off my chair at school. There were only a couple kids in the room...but I was laughing so hard they didn't know what to say!
Old 07-08-2003, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome Fisher!

Hey hun--

Make yourself right at home! It is excellent to hear from you! I'm glad you joined in on the fun!
Love you bunches,

--Ångel
Old 07-08-2003, 12:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Angel,

This looks like a place I'll be visiting quite often! You are all so nice and welcoming!
Old 07-08-2003, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
On a tear

A little new, too

I like to read and write fiction - mostly horror (imagine that!) or SF (alternate realities...that fits, too).

I like living in the country, dogs, and pretty birds. But don't do as well with cats, horses or cows (big dumb things don't like me much either!).

I have waaaaay too many embarassing moments to list them all...but there was that one time I was leading a step-aerobics class for BBW (I am a Big Beautiful Woman) and discovered that my brand spanking new never been worn got a great deal at Walmart outfit.....was a thong. Taught the whole class without turning my back even ONE time!

BigSis
Old 07-09-2003, 10:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey BigSis--

Nice to meet you! You sound like you are a lot of fun and I look forward to getting to know you better. Welcome!!

--Ångel

ps-I wouldn't have turned around either!
Old 07-09-2003, 02:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Bigsis and Fisher...welcome!

Pull up a chair and make yourselves at home!

Hugs,
JT