Dear Dad

Old 07-14-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks for share....

((((((((((((((((((((((luckyone)))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

Your letters to your dad are really special Thanks for share them with me!!

Love your childhood friend

123oneslove456
Old 07-25-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Dear Dad,
I Wish U Could Talk To Me. I Need U Still, Even As An Adult With Children, I Don't Have Any Parent To Go To For Advice. I Love U And Miss U.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey, I feel you, my father died when I was 18 months old, I will never get to hug my dad, ask him any questions, or see my face in his. He will never meat the family I have made or see my brother and I together. I'll never know why on my brothers birthday going out to the bar was more important than being with us, I guess that night him and the drink said there final good by to my brother and I and that was that, we will never know, and his birthday and thanksgiving will never be the same. i can't tell you how that feels, my father was an alcholhic and instead of coming to see me whickey was a better love for him, being at the bar was a better home, and it was that easy to walk away and not see me behind him. I have pictures but thats it, I have begged god for 15 min with him just so I can look at his face and say, oh, thats where I get my eyes. Thanks for your letter, I've never talked about this, but I need to, and you helped. I know how you feel, stay strong they are free from there addiction know. Aleks035
Old 08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Dear Dad,
It's Been A Long Hard Week. The Only Thing I Have Left Of U R My Sisters, And Your Brothers And Sisters, And A Few Of Ur Close Friends. U Were Really The Connection Between Us All. Without U, I Feel Like Were Loosing The Connection. With U Around We Never Argued, Never Felt Akward Around Each Other, Never Judged One Another. U Were Such The Strong One, That We All Looked Up To. Now We All Look Down On Each Other. I Wonder If They All Feel The Way I Do, If It Hurts Them As Bad Daily Without U Around. No One Talks About U Gone, Or Why Your Gone. I Miss U, And Needed U Still. I Hope If Any Person Thinks There Kids Don't Need Them Anymore, Think Twice Before They Take That Next Drink. U Were The Wind Beneath My Wings, I'm Having A Hard Time Flying Without U. I Love U So Much Dad
Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Dear Dad,
As Time Is Going By And Each Day Seems As Difficult As The Day Before, I Am Beginning To Understand The Pain Of Loosing U. As A Child U Were My Super Hero, And Invincible. Nothing Could Hurt Me Or U While U Were Present. I Wonder More And More Day By Day As My Friends Loose Their Loved Ones, How They Cope Day To Day. Now Watching, I Realized Their Loved Ones Were Ones They Loved, Not Actual Idols Or Their Own Super Heros. When U Were Dyeing The Few Words That U Said Daily Haunt Me, One Was, "i'm Scared, I'm Not Ready To Die And Dont Want To", The Other Was Telling Us Before We As Your Children Spoke To The Hospital Councelors About Approving U For A Transplant, I'll Never Forget Those Words, Your Words Were, "girls, This Is My Last Chance I Don't Get A Second Chance And I'm Not Ready To Die Yet!!!!" Knowing They Denied U For The Transplant Leaves A Huge Burden On My Shoulders Daily, Of "what If's!" U Were My Hero, And Invincible, When U Were Dying And Scared, It Shocked Me And Scared Me As Well. Super Heros Don't Get Scared And Live Forever. Dad, I Love U And Miss U So Much
Old 10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Dad,

Happy Birthday to u today! We miss u terribly, u left at such a important time in all our lives. I wonder if u could be here now, and see all we've achieved, If u would have more reason to fight the disease to stay with us. Regardless I know your proud anyway, just wish I could here it from u yourself. U would have so much to brag about at work. I love u and miss u so much Dad, Happy Birthday
Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Wow ((((((((luckyones))))))) Great letter to your Dad!!

I know you miss him terrible! Hang in there and know you are loved very much!!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Dear Dad,
Happy Thanksgiving, really wish u were here to enjoy it with us. Lately I feel like when I look in the mirror, your looking back at me. It's a nice feeling to know at least of peice of u is left in me, so I have a little more than memories to hold. I guess it's not until u no longer have your parent, do u long for that smile, laughter, the twinkle n their eyes. I hope one day when my kids are grown, they will admire me as much as I did u. But with saying that I hope they never have to deal with the sadness of their parents life being cut short, and wondering what more they could of done to have them around longer. That question is in my head daily, how could I have helped u. No matter what a great father u were, it doesn't make missing u any easier. I love u DAD.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Dear Dad,
If I could actually write u a letter and send it to u for Christmas without getting a return to Sender, heres what I would want to tell U.
I miss U more than words could say,
U are the wind beneath my wings,
U never said can't so I never thought I couldn't
I feel invinsible when u are near. And I will need my Dad forever, so please don't leave before I do. I love u Dad
Old 02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Dear Dad,
Here I sit wondering why everything has happened the way it did? And knowing the words "Things happen for a reason" still doesn't bring comfort to my mind to having u not with me today. I wonder back to the time when mom left u for your bestfriend, she was upset with me one day for coming home from your house with tangles in my hair, one of the first weekends after u moved out, and she cut off each of the poneytails in my hair u had tried so nicely to make. After the huge mistake she realized she made, Then took me to her haircut friend and told her I cut my own hair off myself, and instructed me to say the same. I remember the fight u both got in when i cried so hard about my hair because u questioned why she had it cut so short. Did it hurt u as bad as it did me? Did u want to go have a drink because your daughter looked like a boy, and your ex said it was because u didn't know how to take care of me? I remember it vivedly, and wonder now, were u drinking every tear I cried because of all of all u went through, and If thats what killed u? Dad I really still needed u, but am learning to live with out u, but I will never stop needing U! I love u dad.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Dear dad,

We never got along, and it wasnt till 2 years ago when you died that I felt so much guilt. We fought all my life until the year before you died (i'm only 25, he died at 23 for me) you were a young alcoholic just I am now, and I know I am going the same path, and I am putting people through the same misery you did us as a family. Now I need you more than ever, but I am alone. Daughter like father.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Dear Dad,
It's been just over two years, & I did it. I have been sober for just over two years. I wish you had just 6 months of sobriety at one point in your life, you would of been able to fight this disease. I miss you so much everyday, and wished so much I knew more about this disease when you were batteling it. Some how loosing you, made me stronger in my battle with this disease. You were my super hero, the most amazing dad that walked the planet, & an alcoholic. When I put all three words together, it made me realize, YES you can be all that, and battle addiction! I'm loving my new me, I love life, I stop and smell the roses, and can see them clearly at the same time, and walk away remembering that breath. GOD how I wish you could of had moments like these, you would of been able to fight this disease. The kids are growing up so quick, and you would be so proud, they miss you like crazy, and wish also you could of had some of these amazing moments with us.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Wow so glad you are on track for your own recovery, how amazing.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((luckyones))

congrats to you & HP on your sobriety!

I truly wish my step-son could read these post - we are raising his daughter (our granddaughter) and I know if he doesn't accept help soon, she will some day write similar letters to him. Only I pray that we are giving her the tools to process her thoughts and emotions so she doesn't turn to alcohol or drugs for comfort as she deals with her pain.

Thank you for sharing this with us

PINK HUGS to you!
Rita