Notices

I'm not doing well

Old 04-13-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
You are kicking ass and taking names, Algo. I expected nothing less though.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi Algorithm. Haven't seen you post in awhile...... how are you doing?
Old 05-02-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Yes, I too was wondering how you are, Algorithm.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Knock, knock, knock, Algo.

(With all respect to Sheldon Cooper and The Big Bang Theory)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I have been hoping for an update as well when you time, Algo.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

hey Algorithm, missing your presence and clear thinking...please let us know how you're doing.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Likewise, Algorithm, how are you? Please let us know.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hey algo-what's going on? We are interested and care!!
Old 04-21-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I realize that I largely 'dropped off the map' for a while, and I apologize for that. I am nevertheless impressed by everyone's concern, so I will provide an update.

I have now largely healed from my injuries, even the plastic surgery on my face, but I have some permanent range of motion limitations in my foot, as well as osteoarthritis, which will probably get worse over time. I am trying to come to terms with this, and the fact that I am no longer able to do what once came with ease.

I have secured employment with a new company, which provides very good benefits, and they have been open to trying to accommodate my limitations. I won't say who that employer is, out of concern for their reputation and privacy, but I am grateful that they are giving me a chance.

I trust and hope that everyone is well, and I wish you all continued success in your personal endeavors.

With very kind regards,

Algorithm
Old 04-21-2018, 01:42 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to read the update Algo & to hear that you're doing ok, all things considered

D
Old 04-21-2018, 01:45 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Thanks for the updatd Algo. I'm glad you're back.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

I’m so pleased to read your positive update, Algo. Congratulations on your new job! Your new company is as fortunate to have you as an asset, as you are to find an employer who provides additional benefits and accommodates your restriction.

You have been missed, Algo. Nobody on SR explains Rational Recovery/AVRT as well as you can. There’s no crevice for the AV to hide when you shine your AV highlighting torch. You provide easily understandable explanations and links to other material on SR, for self-learning this technique: for quitting drinking, for good.

Take good care of yourself .
Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear this Algo and that life is good for you right now. That's great your new employer will work with you....
Old 04-21-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Algo, really glad to hear things are going better and that the worst of your healing is behind you. Great news about the job too! You were indeed missed, no one teaches AVRT better that you, you've helped many many people through your compassionate insightful posts.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

It's great to hear from you, Algorithm! I've been absent a bit lately from SR as well due to a move for work, so it's extra nice to pop in and hear you're on the mend.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Your new company is as fortunate to have you as an asset, as you are to find an employer who provides additional benefits and accommodates your restriction.
I hope so. I don't like 'job hopping' too much, and it broke my heart to have to leave my previous job. I was very good at it.

At least parking should be easier now, with one of those disability tags.

I can't know for certain whether or not alcohol was a factor with the other driver involved, but I presume that it was, since they decided to leave the scene rather than to provide assistance, or even to call in for help.

I was found unconscious much later, and woke up in the hospital. The other driver was never found.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Jesus Algo, that is so messed up. It makes me really angry that this other driver just left like that, that must be hard to deal with. Your life has been altered and you don't even have someone to blame for it - instead you're left with questions that can't be answered. That would make me bitter, I would stew about it. Yet you come on here and try to help addicts, even though you are long recovered and may have been seriously injured by a drunk driver - what a kind hearted soul you are. Life! You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather. Some of the things that happen, it can be so unfair, and so random. I know what it's like to just be going along living your life, and then BAM, you are in a parallel universe and nothing is ever going to be the same.

I'm glad you're still here with us