Notices

Newcomers Weekender Aug 19th - Part 2

Old 08-24-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

(((Marty))) Try to take care of yourself. My doctor has me going to see a psychologist. Hopefully they don't commit me.

Enjoy your son talking your ear off, by that age my girls didn't want to be seen with me.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Dinner was good. Corn was disappointing because I didn't go to the farm truck. I got it at the grocery store. But it was edible. Pork chops were delicious.

I'll have a small bowl of ice cream and get to bed by 8:30.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm feeling an unusual amount of anxiety today. Can't put my finger on why. Just feeling really jangly and restless.
I'll jump right on that bandwagon! So odd how I'll have a day like this and come here and see others are too.

Hope tomorrow is a better day Marty!

I realized I never actually gave my name here, I'm Lisa.

Heading to bed and hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I knew our Sao was a Wise man! Venny....thanks for sharing all that personal stuff and thanks for trusting us with it

(((Marty))) xo

Hi Lisa!

I babysat after work and now I'm really tired! If you ever have insomnia, babysit a toddler and you'll be cured lol!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams and a better day tomorrow to everyone. I ate a giant ice cream cone after yoga. No dinner. Marty's food sounds better. Just have no inclination to cook at all lately. I've got a pot roast and chicken legs that need attention. I think the beef will go in the crock pot tomorrow.

Marty, it's so nice to have time off. I hope you get some soon. Going to your son's high school was probably exciting and melancholy at the same time. It's a passage.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

just a quick yo...

anti-gravity pills anyone?

I moved car from lot A to lot B this morning... early bird special 21 dollars total for the day... then I pulled onto Canal Street from China Town not far from Holland Tunnel at 1935 - should be home before 10
ah, what's going on up there... a jungle book bus broke down sideways making the turn from Broadway... three lanes of traffic blocked... went a half mile in the first half hour...
pulled into driveway at 2213... not bad... worn out... frustrated that someone yelled NO when I was getting on the train to go uptown... so I just followed after that... then got on the wrong train instead and I just kept my yap shut as we went 40 blocks too far UP, got off and took another train back down... went to see dinosaurs at american history museum... walked central park for an hour... dogs are barking...
oh, and there are no bathrooms in NYC... then had to walk around and buy something back in china town before we left...
good night!
Old 08-24-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Good night everyone
(P.s.....I don't like cleaning house but I like a clean and orderly house...)
See you all in the morning on the new thread -
Old 08-24-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

I'm feeling sorry for myself bc I've been at work all day, 13.5 hours, and y'all are sleeping now.

And I have to get up in 6 hours. Totally not tired. Body and brains are fried, but my mind's still on the production hamster wheel.

Also, those soldiers I mentioned last night? The cooks I said I treat as sons?
One called as I was leaving our other location, stuck on the side of the highway bc his tire blew out and he has no money and no idea what to do.

I told him I'd drive him home, to INDIANA, and give him $200 cash, all I can spare, but he has to leave the car and figure that out bc I have to get home.

He wanted to try calling his mom and brother again to see if they could help. So while I waited for him to call back, I drove around the middle of the city to see if I needed to jump on the highway headed south, instead of going north to home sweet home.

His mom is picking him up and she's gonna get him to work tmro. But I need to arrange a cash advance for him to pay for the car tow. The kid is hurting. He's trying to do everything to make his life better and he can't see the positives. He stopped drinking, he reached out for a job with me, he's really trying.

I told him something I learned about sobriety. But I changed the words a little.

I told him that doing all the right things makes life easier. But sometimes life isn't easy.

It added an hour to my already long day. But I wasn't going to leave him hanging. Life is really hard sometimes, life on life's terms isn't always fair and so etimes makes absolutely no sense in terms of justice.

All we can do is be there for each other.

See y'all on the new thread, xoxo
Old 08-24-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

That was good of you Melina. It is too late now but all he needs to do is remove the wheel and take to a tyre shop, cheaper than towing it. It sounds like he does not have a spare, hopefully he will have enough money to get one soon

SUID I am sure no one is going to commit you, it is really good to get someone who is neutral or "disintrested" give their perspective on things, especially if that person is a professional. How's the no smoking going?

Marty, Ven I am glad you are both being proactive in looking after yourselves

Lovely morning here, off to work. I hope to see you all on the new thread
Old 08-25-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear some have the jangly blues.
Stay well.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning x
Old 08-25-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Would love to comment on all of your posts but my brain capacity isn't up to it, especially as I'm only ever on my phone. I never seem to get the time to go on the laptop. But I always make sure I check in daily more than once if possible on my little old phone. Love to you all.
Day out planned with Mr P and two junior P's and a partner of one. .... fingers crossed for not too many conflicts! One junior P has left home and gone to university and when they come home find it incredibly difficult to slot back into our way of doing things. .... must practice mindfulness and realise that each conflict too will pass. I must try not to get too involved into them. Xx
Old 08-25-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Wonderful post Ven. You are a special person.

See you guys on the fresh tread.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Do your best

If You Think Life Is A Journey, Stop Now. These 4 Minutes Will Open Your Eyes