Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 3

Old 07-28-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
So, what happens after Monday? Does this thread just die? I had visions of checking in from time to time to see who is still at it...
Old 07-28-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
So, what happens after Monday? Does this thread just die? I had visions of checking in from time to time to see who is still at it...
No this (July) class will be moved to Newcomers Daily Support Threads and a new August class will be posted here.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
No this (July) class will be moved to Newcomers Daily Support Threads and a new August class will be posted here.
Thanks, I was wondering this same thing. So will our group be put in with all of the other recent newcomers i.e. June birthdays, or will it still be just us? I've loved "getting to know" all of you over this past month!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just July 2017
Old 07-28-2017, 08:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Kinda quiet here this evening. I hope everyone is having an awesome sober night/day!

I am off to bed. I am so enjoying getting some good rest and waking up hangover free! Day 7 here I come!
Old 07-28-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am so sorry I haven't been around to support others and be supported. I screwed up last weekend - drunk Friday and Saturday. Looking at browser and Fitbit history, I can tell I had finished my last drink by 11pm on the Saturday evening.

So, I think tonight I will have achieved a week?

Life has been hectic. Started a new job on Monday, moving house today, picking son up from airport after his 2 weeks working at a charity in Uganda.

Hope you are well ..... will try to grab a chance to go back and read up on the last week's worth of posts x
Old 07-28-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

StartAnew, good job coming back here again and congrats on a week!

I'm up early, have just waved goodbye to most of my family. The last one will be gone within the hour and then I'm all alone. I really don't like the sound of that...
Old 07-29-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey class, im still here. Day 5, still no issues yet....however im fully aware that nasty AV can creep up anytime!!!
A few bits to get done this morning, park with the kids, quick nap this arvo then start work at 8pm!!
Have a great day!!!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Made it past 20. Now technically into day 21 @ 12:30am. 3 weeks! Woo hoo! Hope we all have a fabulous sober weekend!!!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 24 now, was up bright and early today which is so unusual for a Saturday, I'm quite enjoying the early night, early start routine as the evenings are normally when the cravings would kick in but I get really tired by about 10pm now. Have work today which should make time go quickly.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
Shotgun!

Feeling blue/down/sad/lonely tonight. Won't drink though. Learning to crochet by watching youtube videos instead. Hope you all are feeling good today.
Hope you got through the night ok. When I first read your post I thought you had written you were learning to play cricket! Which reminds me I must go to the opticians!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am a big knitter as well, and I can knit a Norwegian sweater like this in one week...

But I want to try something new, so I'll try crocheting and see if it does it for me.
Any chance of a class of July Norwegian sweater?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Mr AV is a cunning sod, he didn't bother me early in the week but boy was he insistent yesterday and Thursday. It didn't help I had two visits my to my least favourite place in the world, the dentist's, as well.

But I got through it and am having a cup of coffee in the garden with our two dogs demanding I throw balls for them. Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day so I think I'll get my bike out later.

Have a happy and sober weekend everybody!
Old 07-29-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Well done for standing up to your AV Taevans64!
Old 07-29-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning
I am so looking forward to a sober Saturday. The past 2 have not been that way and both Saturdays I really wish I had just stayed sober. Can't go back and fix it, so I'll try my hardest to make the rest of my Saturdays sober.

Off to make some coffee.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Wow, FallingLeaves you've got some knitting skillz! How about a men's size L? Where do I go to place my order? Winter will be here soon.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyBlueNew View Post
So hello. I'm 57 and ready to change my ways. I look forward to becoming part of SR.
Welcome Daisy! So nice to have another 50-something in our class! Us children of the 60's have to stick together. And 50 is the new 20 (or something like that). I'm glad that your internet search led you to us. It was meant to be! We are all in this together and we are happy to have you as a classmate!
Old 07-29-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hello classmates -day 28.

Bit of a tough one today to be honest. Though I was expecting it. Will be quite glad when the weekend is over and I have broken the month barrier for the first time in a while.

I plan to do a full exercise session this afternoon to try and subdue the raging beast. Will be so relieved to get to tomorrow morning. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

Welcome to DaisyBlueNew. Welcome back to StartAnew68.

Lets get to August everyone.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm up early, have just waved goodbye to most of my family. The last one will be gone within the hour and then I'm all alone. I really don't like the sound of that...
Wishing your family safe travels. You've got this FallingLeaves. Hopefully you have some free time to take care of yourself and do what ever you enjoy.

Plus, I think that you might have a new sweater order to work on.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning friends. Happy sober Saturday to all.
Great to see so many hitting milestones, and others restarting again. We dont fail till we give up completely! !

Still feelin a bit of cold coming on, but its a beautiful, sunny day here. Going to try to enjoy it, best I can.

This month as flown by, and even though I had a few restarts, Im still pleased with my progress. Carry on sober peeps!