Notices

One Year & Over Part 52

Old 08-18-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Well said Dee!
Old 08-18-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Heard from my ex yesterday. Met today- final papers signed. Saw one of my sons for the first time in a long time. All tried to be on good terms. No nastiness from any. We all stumbled through a very difficult process as best we could. No one could ask more of any of us.
It is done.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I'm glad things went as well as could be expected and that things were civil. I'm especially glad that you saw one of your sons.

Hopefully this will pave the way for future contact...
Old 08-19-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

PJ it may well take a long time for your sons to accept that you are not the man you were, and allow themselves to learn to know you. The first step began yesterday though, one of them has seen you, spoken to you, watched you, listened to you and ( whether you like it or not) judged you. He may find favour in the balance. Give him time. He will talk with his brother. Keep faith. Perhaps now send occasional update emails, nothing overly emotional, you have already done that. But maybe chatty update ones, send photos of your work. Ask nothing, just write regularly. One day, one of them may well write back in the same vein. Keep faith.

Thank you all for your suggestions, Gilmer, I had already begun a list just after I wrote the post! I think Dee had it, I have had an awful lot going on in recent months. In fact since I gave up my job, I have had few weeks where I have had the opportunity to get into a routine. There is also a certain amount of upheaval at present, my dad is back in hospital so I am off down to England again next week. I plan to use the free time I will have there to finalise and publish the last book. I need to just let it go.
When I come home, Autumn will be on its way and hopefully I can get on with some garden work.

Itchy I feel your pain. I haven't been losing posts, but I don't like the new security of logging us off automatically all the time!

IP yes, routine is a big thing for me and I have been floating for a while. Since posting I have made an effort to draw up a specific routine for my week. It's a small start,mbut it is a start. How was Petty then? We all want to know!

FBL yep sometimes just a step in the right direction is the necessary move. I have been frozen in place by feeling overwhelmed rather than looking for bite sized chunks and prioritising.

Suze, how about asking locally on FB? People will soon tell you the places to go. I guess before you buy the dress you need to be absolutely sure of how you are arranging the wedding. For mine to the current Mr T, I bought a simple gown off eBay, a shop sample vastly reduced. Then the wedding kind of steam rollered into a bigger production ( even though on a small scale 40 guests) we ended up marrying on the RRS Discovery ( google it, it's gorgeous) driven there in a 1920's Chicago cop car with a bridesmaid and a maid of Honor. Suddenly my simple gown felt a little dowdy and I ended up buying another.

Drake good to see things are still working well for you. Wish we saw more of you sweetie.

Thanks Wolfie, I miss seeing you here too X

Zip great to see a check in from you as well. Ha the old gang is back together!

Have a wonderous weekend all
Old 08-19-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Administrator

((phoenix))

D
Old 08-19-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ, glad to hear that everyone was civil. Hope you can continue moving forward.

Toots, you have a way of getting things done. Best of luck with the book!

Dee, well said. As a rule, I avoid discussions on politics and religion. I wish more people could find common ground and come together. We're all part of the human race.

Itch, just a reminder that composing a long post in Word and then copying it to the forum should work every time. Even if the post doesn't take, you at least won't lose what you wrote and you can try it again later.

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 08-19-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

FBL, I have sworn to myself that I would do the Word thing on a number of occasions - but I never seem to actually do it

Toots

PJ, what Toots said plus a big from me!

Suze, whatever you do will be just fine. I had a very small and simple wedding. It's what you do afterwards that counts.

Thanks, Dee - good to remember the positive in the midst of this real life soap opera! It does get scary.

Hi Gilmer, SG, Itchy, Midwest, Mags, Drake, RZ, IP, FG and all of the Overs!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Toots- as I sugg. to my son today- I set up a f-book page where I post my thoughts and art. He already knew quite a lot of stuff that could only have come from looking at it (I think).
Old 08-19-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

What a cool wedding, Toots!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

(((PJ))) ♥

Thank you toots....I'm not wearing a dress. I just need to find somewhere I can find a beautiful outfit, and Nick and I talked about it last night....I have a few ideas now. I was putting too much pressure on myself that I had to wear some weddingy thing, but that's not me....just a gorgeous tailored pair of pants, flared (ish) and a beautiful top, a nice streamlined look. And a ponytail of course because otherwise Nick wouldn't recognise me!

Old 08-19-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze! Thought you was doing a Lady Godiva for a minute, when you said no dress, saw you riding up the beach on a big horse. , seriously, whatever you choose will be just perfect.❤️

PJ,

Toots, sounds a fantastic day and on the RRS Discovery. Wow!

Been to another 60th birthday party. It seems to be the trend around our age group these last few years! I was chatting to a lady at the party and it was her golden wedding anniversary this years (50years) and she was 70, didn't look it, one bit! I was asked how long we'd been married and said our 25th, silver, is next year, where she retorted, the next 25 will go much quicker! Obvious, I know, but my mind just stopped..and I thought that I am going to cherish every day so I don't miss any of it. It was a nice thought. I hope I can.

I hope it's turning out a good day for all of us. Love to everyone.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Pj & evening Overs
Old 08-19-2017, 07:12 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
IN the military we are apolitical. I never rally was concerned with the silly stuff most took as deadly serious becuse like Dee, I have an enduring admiration for my fellow North Americans. I'm even a registered Independent and when asked what party I am or how I voted I quote the same guy I have in my terms of use for my website. I'm left on the right issues and right oin what's left. I left that right in front of you to decide if my left is leading my right or not. Just remember three rights is always a left.

Toots,
I know how to compose in word or wordpad or whatever. Only here with the auto log off do I get issues. Its OK. I will live through it.
I recently changed muy schedule too and now get up at the crack of noon no matter what.

PJ,
I hope you get whatever you hope for, and hope for whatever you get.

Hey Suze no call today? Did I tell you that September is not spring in this hermisphere?

Dee,
We will see how it all pans out. We survived the 60s and made things better for all. Maybe we can overcome hate with flowers in their gun barrels as was done in the 60s. I do like seeing that the peacemakers and anti hate folks are all different ages. The hate groups and their ilk seem to be young 20 somethings and 30 somethings who think their hate makes them unique and powerful. Punks are punks no matter how fancy you dress them up.

That isn't politics, that is life.

Missed some but the dinner bell has rung.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Itchy ~ I have unbelievably bad bronchitis/chest infection. I can't talk.

I am using a steam inhaler....guessing I'm not going to be able to put off going to the doctor. Sigh. Hate this stuff. Willing my lungs to get working dammit.....cummon chest, expel that infection....OK.....nuts to the max, but I kind of believe we can communicate with our bodies.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It's progress PJ, though painful as it must be for you.

Sounds like that was a crazy wedding Toots!

Suze, check thrift stores for amazing deals on barely worn clothes. Also, deals abound on Amazon if you have time to shop.

Pleasant dreams all.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Itch- hope is the key..I am okay. If I did not feel like crap- THEN I would have cause for concern. 3 rights do make a left. Interesting it would be so much easier (not talking N/Amer. politics as it's complexity makes our system look like an Ikea flat pack)if people just turned left in the first place.
Hope you are traveling well- be it left, right or forwards.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Congratulations Suze.

I just heard this on the radio and had to share.

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain.'

Have a good one everyone.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Andy, Sass had that her signature for a long time, it really resonates with me.

Have a Splendiferous Sunday everyone.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Just about time for my Sunday morning nature walk.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 08-20-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Have a good Sunday, Overs!

Yes, Andy, I love that quote - I aspire to live by that.