Notices

One Year & Over Part 52

Old 08-27-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations PJ, I hope the memories get faded as time passes.

Midwest, hope you managed to get some sleep with a mouse scurrying about. Years ago our cat brought in a live one and just dropped it, took us 4 days to catch it!
Old 08-27-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Magsie

I just remembered something I wanted to share with you.

My hubbys friend stands on an outside market, car boot sale and buys bankrupt stock from a sales room.
I was looking at the catalogs from the sales room on line, and they had a massive stock of spirits. I looked through all the pictures of them all, my mind for a few minutes lost in this sea of booze then click! What am I doing? How easy to forget how hard it was to get away from this poison.

I can pass off licences and spirits in a store like I'm passing any food or drink, usually, but those in the catalogue stirred something in my brain. but I was aware of it quickly. I'm pleased to say.

I put it down to being here daily and being aware, thanks again overs and SR .
Old 08-28-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Morning all!

Back to work after a week off. The bills keep on coming!

Have a good day all!
Old 08-28-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all,
FBL I'm glad for Fran and hope her new medical term for the coming week is "benign." Do friends get discounts? Kidding. I don't even remember the book from you guys I had DJing. I told you years ago and can't recall it now. But I got my trivia quiz questions from them. Sorry to hear about your aunt. My aunt is the oldest living relative I have still alive from her generation up. I have three brothers left of us five, and I'm the oldest. My younger full brother keeled over with a heart attack at 56 the month after I quit drinking in October 2010. my mom married five times so the remaining three here are half brothers, along with my UK half brother.

I've been tied up over the weekend as I sold my RV and have been getting it ready before showing it . . . success! I am buying a Scamp 19 foot fifth wheel I've been wanting for years. Now that we're off the road full time I can downsize even more. Very hard to find locally, most are in the Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, and Southeast. Unfortunately I'm in the center deep South. I also had three computers to rebuild for friends at a friend's price. I charge for parts and a flat rate of one hour unless it is a two minute just a setting change, which they usually are. We've been busy sorting, and donating/selling/setting up for a yard sale too. That was the Air Conditioned small steel building. my workshop is not heated or air conditioned and the weather is getting cool enough for me to do the same thing in the big workshop. I am getting behind from several projects awaiting parts or all day R&R. We finished the other house and land and will be able to sell it as soon as the well is drilled and set up next week. When we split the property there was only one well and we'll need to put one in. As well as a septic system. ,
Sorry, boring. Anyway once those are done I'm flying up to look at properties in the Denver area and visit with my grandson. My son and DIL too of course!
Y'all take care! We are battening down the hatches for the monsoon about to hit.

Midwest,
We are not getting rain from it until Wednesday for heavy stuff. by then, as usual, the storm will just be rain with a few tornadoes thrown here and there. We rarely see flooding in our area but in the last five years we've had many around us. We'll be fine.

PJ glad you made it.

Sorry for missing
Old 08-28-2017, 02:27 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

I can't even imagine starting my day without checking in here first thing. You all started out as comrades in arms and have evolved into dear friends. As I discovered when I met two of you in real life, the camaraderie we share here easily translates into f2f joy
Old 08-28-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Am hoping to get project #1 off to the printer by Wednesday. The boss has approved everything but the intro pages, which I will get to him today.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 08-28-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

FBL- that is great!!

Mags- 4 days to catch..oh my..they are quick! lol. / Isn't it weird what can get the bad thinking started? The other day I was at the grocery store and cocktail mixes were on clearance! I did a double take! Then I made myself keep walking. Like you I corrected myself quick.

Itchy- that is great about the RV selling so quick. The scamp is a great idea! I love the small scamps and the casitas. I am glad you are just getting rain.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Congratulations PJ.

Prayers for Texas.

We finished cutting our hay yesterday.

Have a good one everyone.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Every once in awhile a drinking thought hits but they are so much less frequent, less powerful and easier to dismiss. Staying sober has definitely become my state of choice.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a Terrific and/or Tolerable Tuesday, overs!
Old 08-29-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-53-a.html

D